• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't Feel Like Selling - Too Much Effort

If you are ever anywhere near Grand Rapids, MI Great Lakes disc is a neat store to visit plus the guy who owns is (Shea) will give you a decent amount for used discs. Not what you'd see selling them online of course but still tolerable.

-Dave

Shea is SUPER cool! My son and I enjoyed playing in a few of his tourneys last year. He also caddied for Kyle Klein at DGLO!

I have a ton of discs I hate looking at, and have come to the conclusion the thought of selling them off individually isn't worth the headache. ROI vs stress no thanks.

How do I come up with a reasonable bulk price?

Good place to donate all of them (no PIA nearby or brick and mortars in general)?

Other avenues to explore?

I appreciate any and all recommendations.

Shoot me a list and maybe we can work out a decent bulk price, and then the stress of selling them off is on me. I've been thinking of buying bulk lots for a little while now and this just makes sense.

I have a large plastic tote if unloved discs myself.

When things were scarce and when Discmania was going through hard time ma with Innova I moved some of them along at a fair price.

Now that things are starting to come back in stock I imagine gently used discs likely aren't worth as much to people.

I was thinking about just showing up to a busy course on a weekend and having a $5-$10 blowout sale or something.

We're in the same boat. A couple thousand discs and zero desire to even begin dealing with the sale hassles. I don't play much any more and recently bought my dream car to fill some of that free time (what a way to fill it!). Sure would love to knock out a large chunk of my loan though.

I have a large plastic tote if unloved discs myself.

When things were scarce and when Discmania was going through hard time ma with Innova I moved some of them along at a fair price.

Now that things are starting to come back in stock I imagine gently used discs likely aren't worth as much to people.

I was thinking about just showing up to a busy course on a weekend and having a $5-$10 blowout sale or something.

Careful. Often times parks have restrictions on what you can and cannot sell on their property.

I totally get the OP vibe...selling plastic is such a hassle. Try selling on FB marketplace sometime. I mean, unless you have a ton of time to kill it is not worth it. From entering USPS tracking numbers because bruhs gotta know where that used 8/10 DX Birdie is between here and wherever to the bruhs who gotta send like 5 messages justifying why they feel the needs to diddle you down $1 for some pro-D Chally that, "Bruh are you sure that's 7/10 sleepy? Cause bruh that pic you posted it look like 6/10 MAYBE 6.5/10." And then there's the idiots that want to b1tch about the packaging you sent it in because you didn't put enough carboard backers to project their precious purchase from the mailcarrier stuffing it into their way too small mailbox...and then there's the idiots who feel that these outrageous shipping costs MUST be included in your asking price when the FB Page rules your on clearly state that ISN'T a requirement.

Hard pass.

I had a decent side gig eBay store for about 4 years, and except for about six or seven of my own old stock that I sold for good money to raise startup funds, it was a hard pass for me to buy and sell Discs. Not much margin for a low volume seller like me, especially when I could churn out t-shirts and hats I'd buy for $1 or less, sell for $20, and clear $11 or so for five minutes of work. I always tried to clear $10 on every item I sold and it was tough to ever bring home $5 on one Disc, mostly because you're not buying them for $1 apiece like all my bread and butter items. Fun side gig.

I have a ton of discs I hate looking at, and have come to the conclusion the thought of selling them off individually isn't worth the headache. ROI vs stress no thanks.

How do I come up with a reasonable bulk price?

In case you change your mind and do online...

Divvy up your discs between valuable and common pile. Sell the valuable ones individually, maybe at auction.

Put the others in some type of lots, sell either on eBay or elsewhere. If online, lot sizes should correspond to the type of shipping boxes you can get for least hassle. Nothing worse than trying to find a box for $ because an extra disc didn't fit in it.

If it's 1-2 discs, your cheapest option is 1st class mail overall.

After that, regional rate B priority and normal priority becomes your cheapest shipping option AFAIK to most places (it depends on distance). For regional rate, you need to order boxes at USPS. USPS will send you boxes for free last time I checked. Regular priority is okay for more distance or bigger lots.

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-regional-rate-box-b1-P_RRB_B1

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-box-7-P_O_BOX7

Anything that says Flat Rate costs more $$$ postage than regular, until it surpasses about 20lb. That won't happen with discs for the space provided.

You can use pirateship online for postage. No fees, monthly or otherwise.

Last edited:

Latest posts