• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driver/Mid ratio

2 destroyers one echo star one star
2 xcals one echo star one either star or champ
2 eagles champ
2-3 leopards 2 star one champ

2-3 buzzz's flippy-straight-stable
2 star rocs, one roc plus
1 comet
1 throwing soft wizard
2 dx classic aviar throwers
2 kc pro aviar putters

sometimes addition of firebird and or drone to the mix

My bag is kind of a mess right now but I got

4 wizards, would like to be 5
4 rocs, would like to be 5 again
1 leopard
3 teebirds
1 predator
2 olfs
1 ols
2 destroyers
1 force

so 4 putters, 4 mids, 11 drivers. My goal with my bag is to have a disc that will go left, straight, and right at every range possible. With faster and faster discs coming out, it keeps creating new ranges in my bag that I feel I need to have covered so therefore, a lot more drivers. I use putters for short range, mids for shortish range, fairway drivers for medium, speed 9ish drivers for far, and then max d drivers for well, max d.

Right now I carry 6 putters (all wizards), 5 mids (all rocs), and 10 drivers (5 molds).

Putters: challenger, zone
Mids: buzzz, drone
Drivers: xl, tracker, predator, avenger ss, surge, nuke.

Can't wait for NUKE SS and OS! they will be in the bag for sure.

putters: 3 (2 XD - main putter, 1 challenger - hyzer upshots & drives)
mids: 5 (3 buzzz - 2 Z & 1 X, 2 drones - 1 Z & 1 pro d)
drivers: 8 (pro leopard, 4 teebirds, Z predator, Z stalker, X XL)

could probably lose the stalker and maybe the XL too. thinking about discing down to only mids and putters for the summer

Have you ever thrown a Coyote? I've got a champ, no it's not all beat up, and to be honest with you, a Coyote is a whole lot closer to a Stingray than to a Buzzz.

Yes...at some point in the not too distant past Innova bumped the Coyote up a notch in stability and actually changed the flight stamp numbers on the disc. Coyotes have been much more like a Buzzz than a Stingray for a while now. Again, I'm just saying you didn't clarify in your original post so some people called it into question.

I'm also not too sure about your "hypothetical mid lineup"...and I don't understand how you can love the Gator so much.

I don't know why you interpreted my example as a love for the Gator. I don't actually carry any of those discs that I mentioned, though they all auditioned for a permanent spot at some point or another. My setup is in my bag/suggestions thread...

Yes...at some point in the not too distant past Innova bumped the Coyote up a notch in stability and actually changed the flight stamp numbers on the disc. Coyotes have been much more like a Buzzz than a Stingray for a while now. Again, I'm just saying you didn't clarify in your original post so some people called it into question.QUOTE]

Innova changed the Coyote mold? Do you know how long ago this was? I think this is going to be my 3rd or 4th season with the one I have...

Right now I've got...

2 putters
3 mids
2 drivers

That'll change in the near future though, but I'll still have more mids.

I'm not sure when it happened but it's numbers changed to 4/5/0/1 from what I think may have been 4/5/-1/0 originally. I remember hearings some BS about it but can't remember the details.

I tend to pack light and carry 2 drivers and a putter, usually a Star Boss, a champion Banshee, and a Soft Magnet. That being said, if I am going into a tourney or a course I'm not familiar with, I carry the following:

2 Distance Drivers
1 Fairway Driver
1 Midrange
2 Putters

Call me a minimalist.

So what do most of you carry and what do you think "proper" ratios should look like?

Damn "proper", do whatever works for you.

I currently carry four drivers, two fast mids (Elements). two slow mids (Aeros) in different weights and one putter.

The drivers get used mostly on long holes (350+') or windy days.

4 Putt and Approach (Wizards)
3 Midrange (Rocs)
5 Drivers (PDs, PD2, Nuke)

With a bigger bag (one that holds 20 or so discs), I'd probably add

1 putter (Rattler),
1 Midrange (Roc)
6 drivers drivers (XXX, 2 PDs, PD2, 2 Nukes)

Last edited:
9 drivers
6 mids
2-3 putters

I use so many mids because I love how dependable they are. I cant throw far but I still use mids within 270.

2-3 Putters (Wizards)
3-4 Mids (Comet, Wasp, 2 Zones)
5-6 Drivers (PD, TeeBird, TL)

I could knock a couple drivers and a mid and putter out of the bag if I have to though.

Latest posts