• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] 2023 “workhorse” midrange?

The Roc and Roc 3 is a very popular disc with my buddies that I play with, but the disc just doesn't feel right to me, not enough rim to grasp. I use mostly Mako 3 and Buzzz, also like the SOL. Lately I have had the hankering for a MD3 but just haven't broken down to buy one yet. Have a feeling it would be quite similar to my Mako 3's.

Have you tried the Infinite Chariot?

Aura pathfinder. Nice and flat and stable for a pathy. Paired with the md1 I don't really need any more mids around here.

Does anybody ever consider a small diameter mid, like a Cro? I used to play one-disc rounds with them back when I lived in San Antonio. It responded well to angles and flies farther than its flight rating suggests.

Does anybody ever consider a small diameter mid, like a Cro? I used to play one-disc rounds with them back when I lived in San Antonio. It responded well to angles and flies farther than its flight rating suggests.

I used a Cro / Spider (Innova) and Kea (RPM) about 18 months ago. Fun discs. The Spider was sneaky long.

When I go small diameter, the Cro is always in along with some combo of Prodigy A-Series, Spider, Hex, Reactor, Mustang, Bobcat. When I'm going large diameter the Cro is out and I'll be bagging some combo of Comet, M4, MX3, Gila. I still to this day do not know whether I prefer large or small diameter mids and for some reason I can't let myself bag both. My brain tells me my bag is inconsistent when I do that. Although I'll still probably have an A series disc in my bag when I'm bagging large diameter mids for approaches, flicks, and whatnot. I prefer the Cro to the A-Series on BH but I can't throw a Cro FH very well unfortunately so I'll bag an A-Series more often due to its versatility.

That all being said, the Cro is an amazing and underrated mid. Spider too.

Last edited:

"The Pig is an overstable Mid-Range disc."

So...yes?

Parked one with it and it makes a great approach brick! Otherwise why do I even carry mids, every other attempt was pretty awful :|

Latest posts