• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drivers jumping mid flight

is this another one of those threads where i have to go make videos of myself doing something people in the thread say can't be done?

cuz i'm telling you, if you reach back high then force the disc low but push down with your thumb so it goes nose up right before you throw... you get an air bounce mid way down the flight path. it's an ultimate throw.

Its not in the initial part of the flight. It flies dead flat for 100 feet then gets a couple jumps up and then it flattens out again. I think its wind

Don't quote me on this, BUT:

although windy conditions can make "air-bounces" more noticeable, I believe the root of the problem is actually imperceptible amounts of OAT (off-axis torque) caused by bad form.

Anybody more technique savvy able to back me up on this?

:popcorn:

I....is this real...it can't be, I thought I got rid of all my imperceptible amounts of OAT :(

All the information provided seems to lead more to wind. Up and down repeatedly in the same flight is a good indication of wind.

Now, correct nose down flights will "rise" as they create lift by their "wing" design. But, this usually only identifies it's self by an air bounce up and the flight finishes out normally. New could also be onto a likely possibility that you're creating the air bounce.

Latest posts