• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving Putters

Almost any putter is good for driving. I'd especially recommend an overstable putter like a pretty fresh wizard, kc aviar, or challenger and a few that are less overstable. I prefer my zero hard sinus for straight to hyzer and protege clutches for shorter, straighter, and turnover shots. I also sometimes prefer proline titanics which fall in between those when new.

Our putter the lex fits the bill perfectly! its a larger diameter beadless putter with great stability and added glide and distance from the larger diameter, one was just used to take down a 16 and under boys world championship and he swears by them.

Our putter the lex fits the bill perfectly! its a larger diameter beadless putter with great stability and added glide and distance from the larger diameter, one was just used to take down a 16 and under boys world championship and he swears by them.

Wouldn't that b like an innova Areo

Wouldn't that b like an innova Areo

The flight descriptions are similar, but the two discs feel very different. The Aero is shaped a little like a deeper dart, whereas the Lex is like a swollen, very flat aviar.

Beat in KC Aviar has been working well for me these past couple months.

Thinking of picking up the Opto Pure and the Envy though... too many darn recommendations got me curious!

I'm surprised the Wizard hasn't got more love in this thread, it is THE driving putter.

Agreed. The new discs always have the glory but the Wizard & KC Aviar reign supreme. Both start out with perfect stability to cycle in all base plastic.

Judges start out too straight.
Ions take an eternity to cycle
Challengers lack the big bead which aids in cycling longevity

I use wizards because the combo of plastic options, durability & slightly more shallow depth vs aviar, makes it PERFECT. I will always bag a few wizards for the tee & the circle.

The Ridge is my favorite driving putter. The Summit is also good for driving, but the Ridge is far, far more consistent. Once you learn how it flies, it'll drop just past the basket. It won't fly a mile past the basket!

I use wizards because the combo of plastic options, durability & slightly more shallow depth vs aviar, makes it PERFECT. I will always bag a few wizards for the tee & the circle.

Does anyone else find that a worn in Wizard flies similar lines to an Anode? I find the Anode slightly faster and longer, but in general the two can be thrown nearly the same way...

Does anyone else find that a worn in Wizard flies similar lines to an Anode? I find the Anode slightly faster and longer, but in general the two can be thrown nearly the same way...

being that a wizard is pretty much an ion with a different inside rim feel to it-- yes a seasoned wizard should fly a lot like the anode as the anode is basically a seasoned ion.

being that a wizard is pretty much an ion with a different inside rim feel to it-- yes a seasoned wizard should fly a lot like the anode as the anode is basically a seasoned ion.

Yeah I guess when I got an Anode I was expecting it to be more neutral/understable, but it can have a fade at the end like a worn in Wizard if not thrown with tons of spin on it.

The difference I find between a beat in Wizard an an Anode, is that the Anode has 0 turn at all and I find that it holds lines way moreso. The Wizard will be more "forgiving" in a way because it will flip up a little bit as it wears, whereas the Anode just holds mellow lines even when thrown very hard.

So it's similar flight paths but one acts like a fresher stable disc and the other acts as a more forgiving worn one.

Been using a Soft-X Banger GT for most of this year as my driving putter. I have 3 others that I use just for putting. The one I use for driving has taken a beating. I'm on the hunt for a limited edition Z-Banger. I know Discraft released a decent amount earlier this year. Wish they were production Z.