• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Durability of Innova Competition/discarrier bag

kaladin7

I'm currently in the market for a new bag. While I love the idea of a Simian, I can't quite justify the price. On the other hand I don't want to buy a cheap bag that isn't going to last. The innova discarrier bag has Nylon 1260 Denier material. Has anybody had a good experience with this bag lasting a long time?

i've never owned one, but i see a lot of them around and have generally heard good things. a bag's longevity depends on how much you play and how you treat your gear. if you're playing <10 rounds a week and don't abuse your gear, it should last you 3-5 years.

My old comp bag still looked almost new when i stopped using it after using if for about 3 years.

If you are really worried about durability you could look into plasti-dip.

good point, i'd recommend plasti-dipping the bottom of just about any bag you get. most of the incidental wear you get is on the bottom of the bag. it will also help to keep it (somewhat) dry in nasty weather.

I'm currently in the market for a new bag. While I love the idea of a Simian, I can't quite justify the price. On the other hand I don't want to buy a cheap bag that isn't going to last. The innova discarrier bag has Nylon 1260 Denier material. Has anybody had a good experience with this bag lasting a long time?

I had my discarrier 6 years and it's still going strong. I play 3 times a week in season and every weekend in the winter. I'm on my 2nd set of quad straps but the bag is great. I have some minor tearing on the mesh in the bottom of the bottle holder that'll have to address probably at some point but it's still holding my 32 oz water bottles no problem but I can see the wear on the mesh.

I have had one for 4 years and it still works great, I have bought a brand new bag and still carry my Innova bag instead. The backstraps gave out well before the bag.

I've a couple Innova bags and they're not very good quality (the Beginner's bag seems to be by far the worst out of the bunch).

If you can't stump up the cash for a simian, go for a Silverback...you'll find that the carrying capacity is pretty darn close, and with a pair of good quads it's just as comfy as a backpack style bag. And you can beat the holy living snot outta a GB and have it last a very very very long time. :thmbup:

I'll personally never give another dollar to any other bag company than GB. :)

*end fanboy rant* :eek:

I carried a Discarrier for 2 years of regular use (3-4 times a week, year round). It held up just fine, but I replaced it with a Voodoo Karma. The Discarrier has been a gym bag since and is still going strong 4ish days a week.

I agree about some of the small bags but from the Deluxe to Discarrier those things are very solid.

I have had one for 8 years and it still looks like new. I don't throw, kick or abuse it in any way. I also clean the dirt off it by scrubbing it with a old toothbrush to get rid of excess dirt then wiping it with a damp rag. Take care of your stuff and it will last.
I don't like buying stuff the first time, let alone having to replace things I already paid for

3+ years with my DisCarrier. No issues whatsoever. Very happy overall.

3 years on my bag and no wear, seams and zippers are all still in good shape, I love the bag. My beginner bag tore and fell apart like some have said here, but the discarrier and my other larger innova bag have both been excellent and held up well.

The new Innova starter bags are not made as well as they were about 10 years ago. I have a old one that still looks like new. If you can find a old one, that is the one to buy.

I got an starter bag as my 1st bag when i started 7 years ago used it for a year an a half. I then upgraded to the discarrier. My starter bag is still in good shape and is my glow bag now.

7 Years with a competition bag and phenix straps and it has held up nicely through lots of tournament play in good and bad weather.

My Deluxe bag has help up well. You really can't beat the Innova bags for the money.