• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

durable putter

joshtheninja

I like to throw FH's with a putter for any shot inside about 150', but my home course has very narrow fairways with a ton of trees. I'm looking to get a putter (or something that flies like one) that will hold up a little better than what I have now (DX Aviar). Anybody got any suggestions?

I like to throw FH's with a putter for any shot inside about 150', but my home course has very narrow fairways with a ton of trees. I'm looking to get a putter (or something that flies like one) that will hold up a little better than what I have now (DX Aviar). Anybody got any suggestions?

Champion Roc, Cobra or Spider.

Champ plastic is very durable.

You can get Chamion putters too....Rhyno.

The Vibram putters will take a beating and are great off trees...no bounce

The Vibram putters will take a beating and are great off trees...no bounce

I agree, Vibram is the obvious answer here. You want those things to get beat in, so tree hits are almost a good thing... almost.

Otherwise, I would say anything in Champ/Z plastic (or similar). ESP/Star can be hit or miss in terms of durability, I've found.

I'm throwin my vote in for the vibram putters, I love the VP especially, although I throw exclusively backhand so i don't know how well it does when forehanded

he is not gonna want a super overstable putter to go down tight fairways

I agree, Vibram is the obvious answer here. You want those things to get beat in, so tree hits are almost a good thing... almost.

Otherwise, I would say anything in Champ/Z plastic (or similar). ESP/Star can be hit or miss in terms of durability, I've found.

Steve Dodge was at our dubs last week & one of our members threw a Vibram putter against a block wall 10 times from about 5' away. It had some "damage". By the time dubs were over, the putter was almost back to it's original shape. And for the record, the guy throwing can push 500' so you know it had some speed on it!! Those things are bulletproof

This Vibram talk, and I'm not an Apothecary or anything like that; but speaking of "bullet proof". Thats great if I'm building a tank or a Batman suit, but in disc golf; all I care about is how the disc flies!

Again. Nothing personal on Vibram but this could apply to any of the premium plastics people say they HAVE to have.

EDIT: Oh, and throw an Ion. lol I kid I kid.

If you're already throwing an Aviar and you like it, get an Aviar Putt and Approach in either star or champ plastic.

If you're looking for something new, but flies similar, an ion is pretty durable.

Firm Wizards... take an amazing amount of abuse and I often throw them FH and BH off the tee on wooded courses. Takes years to beat them in and they putt even better once beat in. I usually keep 2-3 in my bag for different kinds of shots. A fresh, a mid-beat and seriously-beat.

If you try Wizards and they break in too fast for you, just post them here FSOT -- always people looking for seasoned putters.

Grip line Pure could be it. Neutral, lots of glide and the plastic is as durable as it gets without losing much glide.

This Vibram talk, and I'm not an Apothecary or anything like that; but speaking of "bullet proof". Thats great if I'm building a tank or a Batman suit, but in disc golf; all I care about is how the disc flies!

Again. Nothing personal on Vibram but this could apply to any of the premium plastics people say they HAVE to have.

I mentioned Vibram because he was looking for duribility. If my Magic had went through what the Vibram putter did that day, it would be a mangled mess in the nearest dumpster. I've never thrown a Vibram anything, just saying they are super durable

Good thing the indestructible Vibram putters also fly like a dream. Batman only glides.

Latest posts