• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

durable putter

I like to throw FH's with a putter for any shot inside about 150', but my home course has very narrow fairways with a ton of trees. I'm looking to get a putter (or something that flies like one) that will hold up a little better than what I have now (DX Aviar). Anybody got any suggestions?

..I use a star max( 80%) and pro D Zones (20%) around 150ft for fh shots.

..Very reliable flight paths for both.

Good thing the indestructible Vibram putters also fly like a dream. Batman only glides.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Are you saying that Batman obviously didn't use Vibram because he glides?

lol Again just kidding. We all know batman has been beaten in to glide.

I have had a JK Pro Aviar for over a year and my home courses are wooded and rocky and it still has a lot of stability left in it. Sure it looks like its been through a war, but it still flies very well. Someone on here has said that beaded putters in general are very durable even in lower end plastics and I agree with that. I have used mine for driving and approaching, both FH and BH.

I'd have to say a Cryztal flx challenger would be the most durable thats out there, because of it's flexibility. I have one that I've used since 2007 that feels like its only been used for a few rounds and still flies as stable as a new one, anyone disagree?
As far as this fella, I think any plastic better than dx is a good direction, you'll find that you get lots of advice on putters and putting, but you'll develop your own opinions with experience.

Crystal Z Challenger. Or flx. Very durable.

Vibram VP. They're indestructible.

Agree with the Vibram recommendos.
X Link rubber laughs at trees, ha HA.
It's the Stride gum of the disc golf world.
If you want straight, no flex, probably the Ridge in regular X Link.

Overstable putter for someone who throws DX Aviar 150ft? Really?

Also, VP is the worst putter you could possibly pick. It will fly like a shoe for someone with 150ft power:|. And it will stay like that FOREVER:)

Also, VP is the worst putter you could possibly pick. It will fly like a shoe for someone with 150ft power:|. And it will stay like that FOREVER:)

Agreed.
The Ridge is a little less stable and would be able to stand up to the trees. Flight is very sililar to a beat-in BB Aviar

The Summit flies more like an Aviar, but is pretty much indestructable and will hold it's flight pattern for a longer time. It will fly straight for 150'. Easy.

He also said he throws FH. I think the VPs added stability would actually help with distance.

He also said he throws FH. I think the VPs added stability would actually help with distance.

I do flick Pures 250+ on a straight line. So, it can be done with neutral molds if you have a clean form. VP would fade and drop much sooner, like all meat hooks.

He would have to strong arm it, and that isn't a good thing, right?
FH shots also fade more than BH (less spin), so...

I like to throw FH's with a putter for any shot inside about 150', but my home course has very narrow fairways with a ton of trees. I'm looking to get a putter (or something that flies like one) that will hold up a little better than what I have now (DX Aviar). Anybody got any suggestions?

An Ion is a good choice actually b/c it's very comfortable to flick due to its rounded rim. But I'd try an Aviar in Star or Champ like others have said b/c it's going to be more familiar to you.

I will add my voice ot the chorus of Vibram putters.
They are completely indestructable and fly as well as any other putters out there. Gateway putters would be a distant second.
With these 2 companies on the market, I will probably never buy another Innova or Discraft putter again...

Are the Champ/Star P&A Aviars the same as the small bead DX Aviars? I have one of those, but it has no fade left. I love the disc and want something to replace it, but I thought I read somewhere that the SB Aviars are OOP? I hope that I misread that!

Latest posts