• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DWF, TX here I come!

Harry Myers has some of the best holes in DFW but it also has a few that are meh.

If the course finished as well as it started, it could be a 5. Like a out if town reviewer said, it's like john just ran out of great land at the finish. It is still a solid road trip course IMO.

I'm a Harry Myers local and would love to serve as your guide while your in town. PM me as it gets closer.

Mike Spracklen

Giles is on the money. If your only here for a week (Monday thru Friday), stick to the original four you listed, but substitute Harry Myers with Alex Clark for a round of night golf after you play Towne Lake. Harry Myers is a lot of driving for a late afternoon/evening round . If you are here through the weekend, Harry Myers in Rockwall, Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill and Crossroads of Life next to those in Duncanville are a must. If you have GPS on your phone, your good to go. Also there are two threads on Facebook and you can always find people willing to play a round or two anytime. Trash Talking Disc Golfers and TFBT Disc Golfers of DFW.

WTF is with Lester Lorch, I mean who builds not 1, but 2 courses on a friggin' poisonous snake preserve?:eek:

I've play at Lorch for a few years now, and I can't recall seeing anything like a threatening sized snake there.

Dude,

It's a NATURE preserve ... which is partly shared with a Baptist camp adjoining. It's cool to see the birds, the coyotes, the beavers, foxes, squirrels, etc. while playing there. It's an awesome set of two courses that gets played constantly -- by top pros and beginners alike. Very challenging to multiple levels of skill. And I have never seen a poisonous snake either.

There's probably not anymore snakes there than on any property like that in the state of Texas

I was just joking, but seriously :confused: :

1f26b16e_m.jpg

1f26b16e_m.jpg

Yah, they should prob put that sign up in front of most of the courses in the area…biggest snake I've Ever seen was a water mocc at Bear Creek…Big. Snake.

I wouldn't worry too much tho, ur not gonna be here in the height of the season…most of 'em will still be pretty sleepy or small.

Yah, they should prob put that sign up in front of most of the courses in the area…biggest snake I've Ever seen was a water mocc at Bear Creek…Big. Snake.

I wouldn't worry too much tho, ur not gonna be here in the height of the season…most of 'em will still be pretty sleepy or small.

I thought the small ones are more dangerous.

I thought the small ones are more dangerous.

Often hard to remember this in the moment…or believe it.

I did see several itty bitty baby water moccs swimming against the current in the creek at Bill Allen at the end of last summer……they were so cute…………and deadly.

My neighbor was just telling me a funny story about two dumb drunks that went fishing one night in Georgia. They went around the lake gathering worms from under rocks to bait the hooks. So they find these guys dead in the boat with a bunch of tiny fang marks on the their hands. They were trying to bait the hooks with baby moccasins! :doh:

I like playing at Bear Creek which isn't too far from you. The only thing that I don't like is the poison ivy which can be prevented with proper care. Some really cool holes out there though.

There was a copperhead found by hole 5 tee (right by the parking lot) at the Cedar Hill Open last year, and a cottonmouth at Crossroads this past Sunday at the mini. And there was coral snake discovered in the campsite at Am World Doubles in Wimberly a week ago. At Selah a couple weeks ago, they warned us that some snakes had been found out there recently, and especially warned us of water moccasins. Watch out. They are out there.

1f26b16e_m.jpg

Lorch is my home course and there are snakes for sure but they are everywhere around here. I have had a few scares but it was because I wasn't paying attention. Snakes for the most part want to avoid you. IF you play the two courses at Lorch you will understand why that was a perfect place for two courses.

The only time I ran into one myself was a rattler on hole 3 at beaver. It let me know it was there. I got my disc and took my relief, but I wasn't feeling too relieved at the time.

Alrighty...went to cedar hill today. Lester lorch was a bit of a let down and wtf is with the mud!!! I've never seen mud pile on the bottom of shoes like this before. It was reshresing to play crossroads and had some mud there too but that course is better than both Lester lorch courses combined. :thmbup:

Alrighty...went to cedar hill today. Lester lorch was a bit of a let down and wtf is with the mud!!! I've never seen mud pile on the bottom of shoes like this before. It was reshresing to play crossroads and had some mud there too but that course is better than both Lester lorch courses combined. :thmbup:

:( :sick:

Latest posts