• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX Aviar, why is mine different?

if you want a hard putter go with gateways HPP line.

Whaa??

My wifes HPP Voodoo was like that blue thing inside bottle caps and my magic was like gummy champ...I have never seen hard HPP.

Are you thinking Evolution Pro or E-Pro?

Whaa??

My wifes HPP Voodoo was like that blue thing inside bottle caps and my magic was like gummy champ...I have never seen hard HPP.

Are you thinking Evolution Pro or E-Pro?

Most, but not all of the HPP stuff I've had or seen has been hard, not gummy. But I have seen several HPP discs of the super gummy variety.

Wild man...but really, for a guy complaining about inconsistancy, sending him to gateway probably isn't the right choice.

Innova is know for it's consistency, are you sure you are reading the name/plastic of the disc correctly?

older Hydras were made with that wierd floating stiff plastic.

you gotta buy putters in person. at least i do.
I could not agree with you more. I putt with organic magics and some are super slick (cant putt with them if i cant hold onto them) and some are gummy and soft. Love the grippy ones but a website never lists that stuff

it showed up and it is Considerably more soft than their dx aviars. it's harder than the apx soft putter... but not by much.

what happend?

Believe it or not, it should harden up with time. I used to use Aviars and have purchased a lot of discs in DX plastic over the years. One thing I've noticed about DX. If it's soft when you get it, ofttimes it'll harden up with a little age. Case in point my most recent purchase, a backup Archangel. I recently bought one that felt positively gummy. It's been in my backup bag for a few months and now it feels just fine. I guess it just dries out over time.

older Hydras were made with that wierd floating stiff plastic.

I could not agree with you more. I putt with organic magics and some are super slick (cant putt with them if i cant hold onto them) and some are gummy and soft. Love the grippy ones but a website never lists that stuff

i use OG Mags, OG Wiz, and pro rhynos (only the tacky ones) so i HAVE to buy them in person so i get the same textures

Let me third the notion that you have to buy putters in person. I actually like the inconsistencies in putters to a certain extent. It really lets you find THE disc for you to putt with. In my book it's all about feel.

Also, keep in mind that plastic will feel different in different climates (sounds *duh* but it tends to slip people's minds). Out in NorCal my Z plastic is much harder to grip than when I go home to Louisiana. Putters are no exception.

Wild man...but really, for a guy complaining about inconsistancy, sending him to gateway probably isn't the right choice.

ha lulz i guess you're right. but i always check my putters out before i buy them anyway..

and when i got the one i use now, and was referencing, it was the hardest of the bunch. maybe it was just shipment the store had at the time..

That is weird, we have had a magic, voodoo, element, and apache in HPP and they have all been gummy....I thought it was just naturally that way.

Most, but not all of the HPP stuff I've had or seen has been hard, not gummy. But I have seen several HPP discs of the super gummy variety.

I meant to say also that all of the newer runs of Medium Flex Gateway putters I've seem were pretty stiff, and almost had a ring to them if you thumped them. Now the Softs, SuperSofts, and SuperStupidSofts that I've seen have been all over the place. Even the organics have been a mixed bag as far as how soft or firm they were.

I throw Discraft, too. I just really like Wizards. Even though they feel different, they all still fly the same, or real close. I did get one Organic that seemed a little more overstable when it was brand new, but a few trees later... it flies like all my other Wizards.

thanks very much everyone for all the good advice. i think that once i decide to switch putters, i will look for a KC Aviar in person (from friends, golfers or stores). if i don't find one i'll call a store/online shop and talk to someone to ensure i get what i want.

all great advice

Latest posts