• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Baseline Plastic (for Cycling)

Prime is the new baseline for dd I'm assuming....that's gonna be what I need for my suspect spectrum!!!
I really hope they mold the suspect in this because I contacted dd via email and they said no go on classic hard suspects for 2015 :(

Prime is the new baseline for dd I'm assuming....that's gonna be what I need for my suspect spectrum!!!
I really hope they mold the suspect in this because I contacted dd via email and they said no go on classic hard suspects for 2015 :(

I have to agree, though I like the Blend I'm hoping to really like the Prime for more options and cycling.

All I gotta say is after getting a stack of truths and judges in Prime plastic and going out for a round I think Lat64/DD now have the best base plastic on the market. It's absolutely the exact plastic I wanted. I can't wait to hopefully get some escapes, renegades, and trespasses in prime plastic.

It's perfectly soft and I can tell it's likely to hold up to that all year long. It will soften up a little more in the summer but today was a mid 40's or low 50's day and it was perfect for that flex, to me anyway. It's right in between the classic and the classic blend. Got more grip and flex than the classic but not as much bend to it as the classic blend does. I'd say it's grippier though than all of them. Maybe even the classic soft. I was having an off day like usual lately but it did grab chains well. It's great in wet conditions like most good base plastics. I got it a little wet to check it out.

$8.99 price tag is sweet too. I didn't smack any trees with it hard. Just some light hits but it didn't really mark up easily. I can tell though it's going to beat in quicker than classic and like a DX or Pro-D. You don't want to buy it unless you understand that's one of the positives of that line of plastic.

Really glad I got some stacks. I'm going to beat in a couple of the truths and judges so hopefully by Spring I got a nice straight putter pair and a couple turnover truths. Right now though brand new they are every bit as stable as a classic truth or judge. I threw some touch shots on anny lines and both pulled out at the end. They're sweet I really like this line of plastic.

I didn't have time to help dig through boxes and look for the witness. I wasn't interested much in that anyway just maybe one to try and get a nice easy to beat in super roller.

OK, where are my Prime Worlds and Giants Steeze?? Is this only for DD molds, or will we see the other two using it under a different name?

also, thx for the info from your testing. It sounds like plastic I need in my bag. right now.

Retro

1511021_10155080532160654_1682609554733909020_n.jpg

OK, where are my Prime Worlds and Giants Steeze?? Is this only for DD molds, or will we see the other two using it under a different name?

also, thx for the info from your testing. It sounds like plastic I need in my bag. right now.

I haven't heard any indication that Westside is interested in their molds in this type of plastic. They don't even sell their BT base discs in the US for the most part. You can sometimes find misprints from DD but retail wise they don't and they also don't do the recycled line like biofuzion. So chances of seeing a giant or world in this I would say is not good. Lat64 though has the mercy and I don't remember the others. Maybe fuse or claymore and then one of their more easy to throw drivers. Might actually be the river. Then the three easy to throw ones the ruby, pearl, and I think the diamond for the other three pack. It's sweet plastic. I guess for me at least. I didn't want it to be too soft and it's not but it presses in good with your grip pressure and is very buttery and grippy. I'm happy. I'm not sure I want to wait long for the escape I hope that's going to be by Spring or at least early summer.

Nice. I'll have to pick up one of the Fury / Claymore / Judge packs to try the plastic.

DD Sales has told me they're trying to get some Westside in baseline but not really any details. I was hoping it would be around the corner now that prime and retro are releasing. :/

Wow, great review, hopefully Westside does pick these up, I need more Shields and Swans. In the meantime I'll probably get a Truth and Claymore when I can.

Live now on the .net

I just ordered a judge and truth, wouldn't have minded trying a witness as I bag one currently, but my 174g lucid is flippy enough. A base plastic at the light weights offered may be too uncontrollable for me - but great for newbies I'm sure.

(I picked up a freedom too, still haven't thrown one or even seen one.)

All I gotta say is after getting a stack of truths and judges in Prime plastic and going out for a round I think Lat64/DD now have the best base plastic on the market. It's absolutely the exact plastic I wanted.
So how does the Prime Truth look like? Does it have a dome or a slight puddle top? How abot the shoulder, same as Lucid? Does Prime have flashing?

So how does the Prime Truth look like? Does it have a dome or a slight puddle top? How abot the shoulder, same as Lucid? Does Prime have flashing?

Good questions. The truth is flat. Really pretty much the same as the classic as far as shape. I saw none with a dome and none that I would call a puddle top. Just flat. About the same stability as classic too when it's new. Maybe not quite as much fade but I was throwing a 169g and it was holding up strong.

As for the flashing yes. It has a good amount of flashing on both the truth and judge. On the bottom not as much around the outer rim. Much more flashing than any Lat64 made disc I've ever seen. It's really light though as far as material. If that makes sense. It can be removed very easily like with a finger nail. It's just something I noticed. Lot more bottom flashing than you'll find on any of their discs. At least to me. Can't say every one of them will be that way but 80% of mine had it and I got about 6 judges and 5 truths.

I hope they are going to keep classic plastic in addition to Prime as option? I see no reason to get rid of classic.

I hope they are going to keep classic plastic in addition to Prime as option? I see no reason to get rid of classic.

classic is not going anywhere. If anything the Prime would be discontinued first but I don't see that happening if they sell good. I think the truth and the judge will be big hits and if they can offer the suspect and verdict in 2015 in prime plastic that'll also probably sell good. I wouldn't mind some prime verdicts but I really want the escape before anything else in this plastic. I've still not settled on a turnover fairway but I know if I can beat up a base plastic escape that would be the one to really hold the spot in my bag. I like the hatchet but I use it more for S curves and tailwinds. I fall in and out of love with the underworld I'd like to replace it. Also not in love with the witness. It's ok but I just want a beat up escape instead.

I would not count on Prime drivers to be the missing link or anything like that. Sure it will feel nice at the shop and will be more US from the get go. It will beat in however and it will do that fast.

I would much rather have an US mold in a premium plastic than a straight mold in the baseline. You just never know how it will fly after one hit. I've seen that with DX Leopards and D-FDs. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone who is throwing more than just casual rounds.

I would not count on Prime drivers to be the missing link or anything like that. Sure it will feel nice at the shop and will be more US from the get go. It will beat in however and it will do that fast.

I would much rather have an US mold in a premium plastic than a straight mold in the baseline. You just never know how it will fly after one hit. I've seen that with DX Leopards and D-FDs. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone who is throwing more than just casual rounds.

Depends on the player. I simply want some prime drivers for great grip in wet conditions and the ability to quickly season the molds I'm most comfortable with to give me some mold minimizing in the bag. If I can use 4 escapes in various plastics and wear and take out the hatchet and underworld then I know that will improve my bag and thus my game.

I wouldn't really count on them to be more understable from the get go either. My prime judges and truths are every bit as stable as the premium plastic options. I only have an assumption they will beat in much quicker.

I also wouldn't compare prime yet to dx or anything like that, not as far as durability goes. We'll have to wait and see.

^ hence the thread title, well said.

Mold minimizing and consolidation, same disc different stages of wear for different shot selection. Much easier to do with base line plastic vs. taking a year to break in premium plastics.

Some people prefer a different disc for every shot... To each his own, ya know.

Mold minimizing and consolidation, same disc different stages of wear for different shot selection. Much easier to do with base line plastic vs. taking a year to break in premium plastics.
Well my experience with the baseline drivers comes from Westside BT, Discraft Pro D, Discmania D-Line and Innova DX and none of those have been even close to the premium ones when new. I'm sure there is a reason why the baseline drivers are not at all popular, among active throwers anyway, with the other brands.

That is also why I make my assumptions on the Prime, which btw is presumably (according to Steeze) less durable than the Classic/Zero. Why not ask for a Classic Blend Escape then?

All this is of course guessing, but at least I can say "told ya so" later on if I'm right. ;)