• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger review

Im pretty sure they are the same as the last run of ranger bags.

I just had a replacement ranger come in, everything feels/looks the same with the exception of more durable material on the bottom.

I had my first run Ranger bag warrantied after the bottom panel came apart. The new runs have straps that are the same width but have much more padding in them. The lower back panel has more padding and the bottom panel feels sturdier. Also, the side walls are stiffer and seem to hold the bag upright better. The base/disc compartment is also deeper so it allows midrange discs to fit more easily and also makes it more stable while on the ground or sitting on my stool. Over all a very nice bag. Could use more storage pouches so I'll have to take a good look at the new Lat 64 bag when it comes out.

Stover,

The top works for beer but be warned, too much weight will cause the top compartment to start to sag. Even when empty I still see the concaved bend in the zipper area, like it's folding into itself if that makes any sense. I have the charcoal yellow model and live the bag other than that. I have not seen anyone else's bag do that so maybe I got a bum one? Or maybe I put more beer than others do :doh:

Does anyone have any info on what the runs of ranger bags were. Like what where the colors and what tweaks did they do for each run? It's be useful for people who are shopping for used rangers. And also, I'm just curious.

Anyone done any cool modifications to their Ranger? I could definitely see something like installing a lightweight, thin PVC frame for the inner part of the bag to add support to the top storage section.

Also I know it was discussed a bit earlier in the thread, but did anyone settle on a good rainfly for this guy?

The disc compartment is way too small and virtually none of my discs fit without bending. It's too short front to back. Anyone have a method to make it bigger ? As it is I won't use it.

The disc compartment is way too small and virtually none of my discs fit without bending. It's too short front to back. Anyone have a method to make it bigger ? As it is I won't use it.

I had this problem with my Ranger. I had to keep all my discs at an angle because they wouldn't fit sitting straight out. I sold it to a friend after 9 months of use and bought a Grip. The Grip was way expensive but my discs fit perfectly in there and it is built much stronger than the Ranger. I do miss the big compartment that the Ranger had up top but that's it. No regrets about my Grip purchase.

I had this problem with my Ranger. I had to keep all my discs at an angle because they wouldn't fit sitting straight out. I sold it to a friend after 9 months of use and bought a Grip. The Grip was way expensive but my discs fit perfectly in there and it is built much stronger than the Ranger. I do miss the big compartment that the Ranger had up top but that's it. No regrets about my Grip purchase.

I agree with the front to back not being quite large enough for discs to stand straight up. I may end up selling my Blizzard bag and trying yet another companies bag.

I'm going to see if my neighbor can make me a "log" of wood on his lathe a little bigger than the discs and just jam it there for a couple weeks to stretch it out. I already have a Grip so no hurry. The Ranger fits me a little better and carries enough for a round. I prefer the layout of the Grip but am looking for something a little smaller and lighter. To me the Grip is a all-day on the course bag and the Ranger is more of a round by round bag.

A little update. With some time the disc compartment is loosening up a bit. Still tight on a few discs but overall much better. I understand why they did it but don't agree to the degree of tightness they made it when new. Sure is easy to carry gotta give it that.

I went through this thread for the first time in a while because I was just checking out the bottom of my Ranger bag that I got back in October of last year as a birthday gift from my gf and noticed some wear through of the bottom of the bag and wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience.

After reading the thread, this seems like the only durability issue people have experienced. Has anyone put in a warranty claim for this as of yet? I've actually got no true complaints about the bag, and love it. I'm just wondering at what point of this issue would be appropriate to put a claim in. So far it's not affecting the functionality at all, but the way it's looking after only 7 months makes me feel like the bottom doesn't have much time left - I'm wondering if it needs to be completely un-useable before a warranty claim is put in.

picture.php

picture.php

I thought I'd update on my situation for anyone else who might experience the same thing, as me. I did get a response from DD today, and they let me know that it would be covered by warranty.

WHEW.

Apparently a few more months make a difference. I just got the following reply for exactly the same wear on my wife's first-run Ranger:

Thanks for contacting us! I apologize for the delay in getting back in touch with you. This is a wear and tear issue and not a defect in material or workmanship. It's impossible to guarantee for a lifetime due to the nature of raw materials breaking down due to exposure to various weather conditions.
FYI in case anyone was hoping they cared about their bags for more than a year...:thmbdown:

Attachments

• 20140830_111542_resized.jpg
    20140830_111542_resized.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 78
Apparently a few more months make a difference. I just got the following reply for exactly the same wear on my wife's first-run Ranger:

FYI in case anyone was hoping they cared about their bags for more than a year...:thmbdown:

oh jeez, that's a major bummer.

I`m looking for backpack style bag. It should have space for jacket and some drinks and main compartment should fit 18 drivers. Which one should i choose? DD Ranger or Grip EQ A14 Tour bag?

I`m looking for backpack style bag. It should have space for jacket and some drinks and main compartment should fit 18 drivers. Which one should i choose? DD Ranger or Grip EQ A14 Tour bag?

The storage on the Ranger is significantly better. The A14 has some nice side storage and a little on top, but the top compartment on the Ranger makes it easier to carry bulky items. The Grip is a lighter bag, making it more comfortable to wear and will cause less fatigue. I ended up trading my Ranger for the Lat Luxury, which is tremendously heavier, but has way more overall storage. I kept my Grip A14 for those days I will not be playing ALL day as it is easier to play quicker rounds.

I was not truly happy with how the Ranger sat on my back, but the huge plus of that bag over the A14 and Lat Luxury is the top storage compartment. I was able to fit my DSLR in the top with no problems. I cannot do that with my Lat or Grip. With that being said, the new Lat Luxury has seemingly addressed that issue; I am going to see if I can trade off my current Luxury for a new one.

The Lat bag carries more discs (approximately 4 in the main compartment and 4 in the side pockets) and has significantly more storage than my Grip.

14775301436_513cb1b684_b.jpg

14682147026_c3019989c6_b.jpg

The Ranger will carry everything you need and conveniently enough where it is not a chore to lug around like my old Carolina.

14414359578_ae57ec3e01_b.jpg

The storage on the Ranger is significantly better. The A14 has some nice side storage and a little on top, but the top compartment on the Ranger makes it easier to carry bulky items. The Grip is a lighter bag, making it more comfortable to wear and will cause less fatigue. I ended up trading my Ranger for the Lat Luxury, which is tremendously heavier, but has way more overall storage. I kept my Grip A14 for those days I will not be playing ALL day as it is easier to play quicker rounds.

I was not truly happy with how the Ranger sat on my back, but the huge plus of that bag over the A14 and Lat Luxury is the top storage compartment. I was able to fit my DSLR in the top with no problems. I cannot do that with my Lat or Grip. With that being said, the new Lat Luxury has seemingly addressed that issue; I am going to see if I can trade off my current Luxury for a new one.

The Lat bag carries more discs (approximately 4 in the main compartment and 4 in the side pockets) and has significantly more storage than my Grip.

14775301436_513cb1b684_b.jpg

14682147026_c3019989c6_b.jpg

The Ranger will carry everything you need and conveniently enough where it is not a chore to lug around like my old Carolina.

14414359578_ae57ec3e01_b.jpg
Thanks! I ordered Ranger Toucan from Dynamic Discs website. Looking forward for it.

Picked up a Ranger because I wanted the large storage space on top. The storage is awesome, I can finally easily fit a jacket into my bag.

Very disappointed with the main disc compartment. Discs don't actually fit in the disc compartment front to back. You have to force them in and the plastic in the frame starts to noticeably bulge in the front. You can't get discs to fit on the sides flush against the edge because the back to front distance of the bag is less than the diameter of a disc.

Also, the backpack straps are fairly thin, but that's not a big deal for a less expensive backpack.

Debating returning it, but don't really feel like shelling out all that money for return shipping.