• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

Groovin' on the Warden, too! :thmbup:

Previously putted with ZERO Hard Pures. Using the same stance and release, my Classic Soft Warden goes as fast with a higher, straighter, flatter line. Just seems to unconsciously explode off my runty fingers like it's reading my mind; Confidence and makes from all distances are up significantly!

Still getting used to the Warden, but I am finding it really easy to spin putt with this disc. A DD sponsored pro told me he has so much spin when he putts, that he needs the bead of the Judge. I guess I don't have as much spin as he does. I'm still preferring the Judge for pitch putting and drives, at least for now.

Last edited:
If it's a beadless Judge then I'm guessing it'll be like a straighter Mercy.

Anyone stack the warden up against a mercy? I've been using mercy's for a while now, and the warden is a bit cheaper. If they're really close then I could switch and/or add some for practicing with. Even if they're straighter as the flight chart would indicate, that would be okay as an added putter for my bag.

If the Judge is a beaded Pure, and if the Warden is a beadless Judge, then isn't the Warden a Pure, instead of a Mercy?

If the Judge is a beaded Pure, and if the Warden is a beadless Judge, then isn't the Warden a Pure, instead of a Mercy?

Where did you get all those comparisons? If you put a Pure, Warden, and Judge all flat for profile comparison I think you'd call them all a little different. There are differences in the shapes of the Warden and Judge beyond the bead. Same for the Pure and Judge comparison on the nose shape. I don't really have much experience with the mercy but I'm pretty sure it has some differences in profile to the rest as well. I don't think Lat has really hit an overlap point in putters between the three companies.

Where did you get all those comparisons? If you put a Pure, Warden, and Judge all flat for profile comparison I think you'd call them all a little different. There are differences in the shapes of the Warden and Judge beyond the bead. Same for the Pure and Judge comparison on the nose shape. I don't really have much experience with the mercy but I'm pretty sure it has some differences in profile to the rest as well. I don't think Lat has really hit an overlap point in putters between the three companies.

I've never thrown a Pure or a Mercy. Just going off of what others have said, calling the Judge a "beaded Pure." I've actually heard it a lot around here (DFW).

None are the same,all are different. I wouldnt even call the judge a beaded pure as it doesnt feel the same at all. Same goes for the warden,ithas a different profile than the judge and the mercy has a slight concave wing compared to the rest

I've never thrown a Pure or a Mercy. Just going off of what others have said, calling the Judge a "beaded Pure." I've actually heard it a lot around here (DFW).

Judge is definitely more than a beaded pure. They really don't have a similar nose shape at all and. I think that got started as a way to describe a disc before release. People assumed Lat would make it like a Pure since it was their top putter but everyone knew it was going to be beaded so they just called it a pure with a bead. It's turned into a top selling putter for DD in less than a year so I'd say whatever people want to compare it to it's doing well.

Judge is definitely more than a beaded pure. They really don't have a similar nose shape at all and. I think that got started as a way to describe a disc before release. People assumed Lat would make it like a Pure since it was their top putter but everyone knew it was going to be beaded so they just called it a pure with a bead. It's turned into a top selling putter for DD in less than a year so I'd say whatever people want to compare it to it's doing well.
Exactly. I've posted pics earlier in here. I'll tell you three discs that have very similar profiles though: Pure/Zone/Suspect. Of the putters commonly mentioned, the Judge/Wizard/Ion are very similar in profile. Still not seen a Warden in person. From the pics, it's just another Aviar/Warlock.

I suggested that comparison once, and someone showed up close pictures, and I compared mine at home, and they are quite different in shape. However, they fly very similar. I thought the Warden was basically a Judge with no bead, which would be very attractive to me, but I'm sticking with my Black Zeroline Soft Pures because after putting with them for a long time, they have something no new disc can have - Mojo.

I got to throw a new first run soft Warden yesterday. At 200' on a standstill low line it faded less than 3'. My 4 month old classic Judge driving putter needs 300' to fly as stable straight.

I love the classic firm plastic and if the Warden flies similar in firm as it did in soft I'll try beating one in this winter to push my turnover magic out of my bag.

I got to throw a new first run soft Warden yesterday. At 200' on a standstill low line it faded less than 3'. My 4 month old classic Judge driving putter needs 300' to fly as stable straight.

I love the classic firm plastic and if the Warden flies similar in firm as it did in soft I'll try beating one in this winter to push my turnover magic out of my bag.

flies very similar... maybe just a tick more stable but I pretty much did the same thing with my wardens a couple days ago. Shouldn't have any problem replacing your magic for turnover shots

I suggested that comparison once, and someone showed up close pictures, and I compared mine at home, and they are quite different in shape. However, they fly very similar. I thought the Warden was basically a Judge with no bead, which would be very attractive to me, but I'm sticking with my Black Zeroline Soft Pures because after putting with them for a long time, they have something no new disc can have - Mojo.

OK, minor thread drift here. I had been putting with a RGL Pure and really liked it, until i got a Black Zeroline Soft. Man is that thing MONEY!

Now back to the Warden discussion. I'm sure it's a great disc too....