• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

Ikr! The Party stamp is legit on any color

Yup!
abu9y9us.jpg

So the Warden isn't as shallow as the Judge? My Classic Judges seemed very prone to rolling like a crazed hamster in a wheel. How are the Wardens with rollaways? I've been debating trying Zero Hard Pures and curious how they compare. I would prefer a shallower disc to a deeper one. If I wanted to throw Aviars, I would just borrow the 2 my daughter has :)

So I think the warden just feels bigger in the hand. The bead on the judge sits deeper in the groove of the hand. On the warden the straight slope doesn't allow you to get into the disc quite as much. I also think my judges lost a bit of dome as they beat in. Not sure anymore though

How have these been around long enough to be peoples "go-to" putters?

The Judge is a great disc but it's bead is monsterous. I love the bead, but I know a lot of people don't, so the Warden just makes sense.

How have these been around long enough to be peoples "go-to" putters?

The Judge is a great disc but it's bead is monsterous. I love the bead, but I know a lot of people don't, so the Warden just makes sense.

Previously putted with the Pure, but found that once the ZERO Hard beats in it gets a little "turny" - even on short putts. Also had trouble with the sharp rim tearing up my runty fingers on upshots. So, I went searching for a little more stability and a smoother rim configuration. Loved the Judge, but that ginormous (albeit smooth) bead messed with my putting and short-upshot release.

Enter the Warden: The Warden has almost the same stability and glide, but the smooth, shallow and beadless profile fits my paw perfectly. The lack of turn and shallow fade really helps on long putts and the smooth profile provides much more "touch" on upshots...

Yes! The Warden has become my "go-to" putter.

so from what i gathered scanning through this is that the Warden flight wise is between a Pure and a Judge?
how are they for tailwind and headwind putts?

headwind ... dropping like a brick? Mine tend to try and float if you don't put a touch more zip on the putt. I will ai a few links down from normal to all the way at the basket depending on the headwind and watch it rise up to my target area. I putt fairly flat and pay particular attention to nose angle into a head wind making sure to get it a flat ass possible on release.

Tail winds it will drop pretty quickly, like any other putter so I adjust accordingly there too.

so from what i gathered scanning through this is that the Warden flight wise is between a Pure and a Judge?
how are they for tailwind and headwind putts?

Can't speak to the Judge, but I previously putted with ZERO Hard Pures. IMO, the Classic HARD Warden has *almost* no turn and much less fade. The Classic SOFT is noticeably (and usefully) less stable, so you'll get a little turn and about the same fade. The Warden feels as fast as the Pure which means very comparable distance on a straighter, flatter line for me...

I've had good success putting in semi-windy conditions. On a flat release, the Warden seems to drift up and down slowly, where the Pure would be "shifty", for lack of a better descriptor.

ya i ordered on hard warden. i liked the Pure but always wanted something more stable on the putt. and I've been waiting for L64 to make something that "feels" like a small bead putter in the hand, looks like the warden could be one (like a warlock).

Already had a bunch of DD stuff, so when the latest 2 disc challenge came, I got a Soft Warden. As I suspected, it looks exactly like an Aviar P&A. It is already my favorite putter ever. My Judges will take a break now.

I picked up a soft Warden a month or so ago, it's not bad. If I compare the rim to my Aviar P&A it is almost identical, so that's why I got it, for a different feel in the hand. I still barely throw it, I love my aviars too much.

The soft plastic has a kind of gummy feel to it, really flexible, similar to flx plastic I guess, it sticks to the chains real nice. I've used it a few times for a short anny upshot when I was trying to get out of trouble a few times.....worked nice.

The downside is, I'd assume it gets REALLY DANG FLEXIBLE...too floppy on hot summer days.

Grabbed a couple First Run Wardens out of curiosity, ended up loving them. The plastic was a little stiff for me so I ordered some Blends this week. Holy crap...that plastic is dirty. They feel awesome. I'll be testing against my Pure lineup once the elements allow it. I was thinking of using the FR (assuming it's Classic Hard) for upshots/approaches and putting with the Blend. It's such a nice feeling putting plastic.

Picked up a blend warden today just to round out the collection. I may start working with one more but I just don't have much need with the judge already so great. I prefer the bead but I do like how these wardens glide and go so straight on upshots. Comparing these to the blend plastic on my judges it's slightly softer and more rubbery feeling. Maybe a little bit more slick and less tacky but very nice overall. I think I may just need to give it a wash first and then I bet they are identical.

2eoiskp.jpg

To me, the warden seems a lot less low profile than the judge or pure. It just feels like a much deeper rim to me. Anyone else feel the same or differently?

Latest posts