• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

Harder plastics tend to beat in faster, in my experience. When I messed with Judges, the soft one I had never really beat in. It was clovered and would not sit flat on a table, but still flew fresh.

I'm sure you could beat one in. Despite what people love to post on here, I've always found base plastic to take a while to beat in and truly be beat flippy, esp with putters.

Question for you Warden throwers, how understable can a thoroughly beat Zero Warden get? I'd like to get one to a point where I can throw a soft turnover with it but so far doesn't seem like it's happening.

Any differences between Hard/Blend/Soft in how they beat in?

I've been putting with one single Classic (hard) Warden disc for months now. It's scuffed up, but still putts the same as it ever did. I almost never throw it for distance or long approaches, but I'll try that and report back.

I used to putt with Classic Blend Judges, then Classic Blend Wardens. They started out with the firmness I liked, but softened up with time and use. So I went to Classic (hard) Wardens, which are staying nice and firm. The Classic Blends (and maybe Softs, but I haven't tried them) beat in a little faster than the Classics, so far. YMMV, of course.

Harder plastics tend to beat in faster, in my experience. When I messed with Judges, the soft one I had never really beat in. It was clovered and would not sit flat on a table, but still flew fresh.

I'm sure you could beat one in. Despite what people love to post on here, I've always found base plastic to take a while to beat in and truly be beat flippy, esp with putters.

^^^ Agreed, especially with the second part. Most base plastics can take awhile to beat in. One exception may be DD's Prime plastic; it doesn't seem to last as long.

The beating in process can be hastened with deliberate tree (or other objects) hits, and landings on parking lot surfaces, etc.

Question for you Warden throwers, how understable can a thoroughly beat Zero Warden get? I'd like to get one to a point where I can throw a soft turnover with it but so far doesn't seem like it's happening.

I have a 3+ year old Classic Hard Warden that is my understable throwing and putting putter. It has seen many, many trees and is covered with some deep gouges and gashes. Despite looking trashed, however, it is still plenty stiff for my push putt and has a nice smooth yet tacky surface...

When thrown flat, it turns continuously but does not roll over. Also works really well for high stalling shots as it just "elevators" flat to the ground without fading. Very useful!

Update: threw my putting Classic Warden on some extra throws from the tee and on long approach shots (after throwing my 'for the record' shots). My Classic Warden is well-seasoned in. It went straight. Very very straight. No turnover, no fade at the end. Just straight with a soft finish. I suppose I could've cranked down on it and it would've turned over, but I gave it some good power on some throws and it held straight.

My throwing Warden is in Fuzion plastic. I look forward to the day it gets seasoned into that straight a flight. And one day, oh one day, I will have a Moonshine Warden in my grubby paws...

I am still disappointed that it is near impossible to find Lucid Wardens, and I kick myself daily for trading away the two I picked up three years ago. A month ago I picked one up, but after closer examination, it is likely a Frost, or whatever DD's equivalent is. Still, while waiting to find some Lucid, I recently purchased several Fuzion DecoDye and DyeMax, and I am starting to gel with them. They are great driving putters that have a stronger finish when I need something more than my beloved Gold Line Pures. What an awesome combo they are. I had three legit ace runs with the Wardens at Am Worlds; too bad none of them stuck. That definitely would have solidified my decision to go back to the Wardens.

The best laid plans...

So I have a blue Classic Warden that wasn't quite agreeing with me on putting. I thought I would throw/approach with it on a short, very technical (i.e. tree-filled) course, break it in to a straight thrower.

Great plan... then I went and threw my first ever DG ace with it. :) Gotta retire that one, so it's back to the drawing board.

I am still disappointed that it is near impossible to find Lucid Wardens, and I kick myself daily for trading away the two I picked up three years ago. A month ago I picked one up, but after closer examination, it is likely a Frost, or whatever DD's equivalent is. Still, while waiting to find some Lucid, I recently purchased several Fuzion DecoDye and DyeMax, and I am starting to gel with them. They are great driving putters that have a stronger finish when I need something more than my beloved Gold Line Pures. What an awesome combo they are. I had three legit ace runs with the Wardens at Am Worlds; too bad none of them stuck. That definitely would have solidified my decision to go back to the Wardens.

I moved over to aviars and haven't looked back. I have a yeti that I use for straighter shots, a dx classic for putting, and aviar3s for driving.

No regrets what so ever.

I moved over to aviars and haven't looked back. I have a yeti that I use for straighter shots, a dx classic for putting, and aviar3s for driving.

No regrets what so ever.

I agree that not being able to get Wardens in plastics like production Fuzion, Lucid and Moonshine is more than irritating. But for me, the Wardens feel too right and perform too well for me to give up. Maybe the Deputy will beat out the Warden, but nothing else has, so far...

In regard to the Lucid/Moonshine Wardens, I did speak with a couple of DD members at a tournament last weekend. They said they're out of stock right now with no plans to run them again anytime soon :mad: It's a shame, but I'm ok throwing dyemax fuzion wardens as my premium warden.

I'm a big fan of the Prime and Classic Warden. I like putting with the Prime's and driving with the Classic's(And fuzion too). The Fuzion Warden just glides for days. The most recent fuzion warden I picked up has a little more dome to it and seems to have a little extra stability to it. Anybody else seen these?

OK, the Lucid Warden I got may be the best putting putter I've laid my hands on. Seems to be a bit more glidey for lobbing those floaty just-outside-the-circle putts than my Aviars.

Oh yeah...found somebody with moonshine wardens in stock. Got myself two of them.

OK, the Lucid Warden I got may be the best putting putter I've laid my hands on. Seems to be a bit more glidey for lobbing those floaty just-outside-the-circle putts than my Aviars.

Y'all are killing me...

(Actually, I'm good with the Fuzion Warden I have for throwing, and the Classic(s) for putting.)

I searched high and low for some Lucid or Moonshine Wardens (after regretfully trading away ones I had a couple years ago) and FINALLY FOUND SOME!! I now have 3 Moonshine Wardens in my inventory. Thank the maker!

I thought I lucked out and found some regular Moonshine Wardens, but it turns out they are Fluid Wardens. They're not bad & fly really similar to Lucid but they're just too gummy. The Moonshines are beautiful. Lucky me :)

Had back-to-back nasty rollaways putting with my Lucid Warden Saturday and decided to get myself a Soft or SuperSoft one. Went in today to pick one up, and there was another Lucid on the shelf. Couldn't help myself :)

Had back-to-back nasty rollaways putting with my Lucid Warden Saturday and decided to get myself a Soft or SuperSoft one. Went in today to pick one up, and there was another Lucid on the shelf. Couldn't help myself :)

Don't blame you. I wish Lucid Wardens would appear on the store shelves that I visit...

Anyway, I don't putt with my Fuzion Warden, just the Classic one. I don't have problems with rollaways, just the (fortunately) rare ones from time to time.

Picked up the Classic Soft one I intended to get last week, and now there are about 20 Lucids available (all tourney-stamped, left over from the C-tier where I got mine). PM me if you want me to pick one up for you.

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've been to the Dynamic Discs website reading about the different plastics for the Warden, but can anyone give me a short explanation of these plastics, how they affect flight, and how they will grab the chains: Prime, Classic, Classic Blend, Classic Soft, Classic Super Soft?

I'm looking for a putter to replace an Aviar that doesn't feel comfortable in my hand...seems a little tall...and was looking at the Warden, the Ringer, the Colt, and the Pure. Just trying to understand the plastics (I'm a newbie) so it would help in my comparisons.

Thanks!!!

TripleB

I'm looking for a putter to replace an Aviar that doesn't feel comfortable in my hand...seems a little tall...and was looking at the Warden, the Ringer, the Colt, and the Pure.

TripleB

Actually I'm looking to get two out of the five (Warden, Ringer, Colt, Pure, or Wedge, which seems to be a putter/mid depending on what you read) that would complement each other nicely. Hopefully I'll love both and use one as a putter only disc and the other to perform multiple duties.

Again, thank you for any help you can provide!!!

TripleB

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've been to the Dynamic Discs website reading about the different plastics for the Warden, but can anyone give me a short explanation of these plastics, how they affect flight, and how they will grab the chains: Prime, Classic, Classic Blend, Classic Soft, Classic Super Soft?

I'm looking for a putter to replace an Aviar that doesn't feel comfortable in my hand...seems a little tall...and was looking at the Warden, the Ringer, the Colt, and the Pure. Just trying to understand the plastics (I'm a newbie) so it would help in my comparisons.

Thanks!!!

TripleB

Prime/Origio is very baseline plastic. Inexpensive, and also wears out more quickly.
Classic/Zero Hard/BT Hard is very firm plastic, baseline-"ish" but a bit better quality.
Classic Blend/Zero Medium/BT Medium starts out fairly firm but softens a bit with use; it's not as firm as Classic, but not "floppy" soft either.
Classic Soft/Zero Soft/BT Soft is soft and flexible, some wold call it "floppy".
And Supersoft can actually be folded, it's so soft.

I putt with Classic Wardens. The Warden is awesome.

Latest posts