• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

easier deflashing?

tjh0188

Par Member
anyone ever tried to deflash a disc using a bench grinder with a cloth polishing wheel on it? seems like it might work as long as you don't try to rush it and get the disc real hot from friction.

yeah i did that with my spd, but im taking a trip over to dads tomorrow and thought i might bring a few discs with me to try out. will certainly make it faster!

I borrow my wife's nail file...shhhh, don't tell her!

I just use 120ish grit sandpaper, imo using a blade or machine is just overkill and has a greater chance to wreck your disc than it does to save you time.

What does this deflashing do? Why deflashing a disc? Sorry for the ignorance

pask2155 said:
What does this deflashing do? Why deflashing a disc? Sorry for the ignorance
Every disc I've ever owned with significant flash has been shorter and more overstable before removal. YMMV.

Jesse B 707 said:
I just use 120ish grit sandpaper, imo using a blade or machine is just overkill and has a greater chance to wreck your disc than it does to save you time.
This will give you a more uniformed deflashing. I tape a piece of sandpaper to a table top and then tape a couple fingers to the disc and then move the disc in a circular motion. I use 200 grit though.

I should add that for a coarse flash i start gently with lower grit paper and 120 is the heaviest i'd touch but at first i started with what i had available 80 and that is accident prone.

Latest posts