• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

East Side of The Mitten

I would suggest playing Hudson Mills, of course. The monster long tees to the champion pin placements. Hardest course this area has to offer for sure. Stony Creek, over on what we east siders call the east side, in the city of Utica, has one of the most difficult pro layouts in the state as well. Both have twenty four holes. If you are looking to stay in one area that is close together, then I would recommend Hudson Mills, Independence Lake, and Kensington. If you are coming towards the end of October, then Independence Lake will have cement tees on the Chuck D. course, as well as a temporary course along the lake that is installed every fall/winter. If you are coming pretty soon, then the lake course will most likely not be installed until the weekend of the 16th, I believe.

First thing that came to mind was Hudson Mills Monster. That course, especially 14, will eat your lunch if you aren't careful. 1038 feet with disc eating bushes on both sides. Have a good time.

sorry...meant to say making it through the trip in one day

it would be a full day for sure this time of year. the drive between kensington and stoney can be a real pain depending on traffic. i would probably suggest hitting stoney first so you are less likely to hit crappy traffic on the way down to the other courses. you could probably make a full day just out of the courses at kensington and hudson. addison oaks out by stoney is a pretty tough course with some cool holes but their tee pads(or lack thereof) really suck.

i could also add that depending on which way you are driving in or out of the area, you could try holly woods right off of i-75. its not a very long course but its fairly wooded which can make it pretty tough. if you do decide to play holly i suggest you play all 24 holes rather than the regular 18. those 6 holes (12-17) can be pretty fun, or really damn aggravating.

Hudson's 48 holes plus indy being right down the road make it the best option for a day trip this time of year- daylight is going quick:(
when are you coming this way?

And I'll second Patton's recomendation of the monster long to champion pins if challenge is your goal.

If you're going down I-94, stop by Ypsilanti and hit up The Ponds at Lakeshore. It used to be a golf course that they converted into a disc golf course and there's a throw shop.

theres no way you could get all 3 in, you can spend a whole day at hudson mills alone. I'd say it would be 2 days at least....but what a great way to spend 2 days