• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Echo-Star Destroyer Replacement

I will echo the Outlaw recommendations. Try a 166-169 outlaw in pinnacle or icon and you will find that they beat in pretty quick to the rival the wonderful echo-star bomber. I have a F2 echo-star destroyer that I bought in 2015 and it is my farthest flying driver. Of course it is a hyperflip machine and cannot be trusted in a headwind to save its life. I started looking for replacements 2 years ago and have found the the second run pinnacle outlaws in the 167-168 range are $$$$$. The one I am beating in is shaping the same lines that my echo-star destroyer did as it was wearing in. The gummy pinnacle plastic is my favorite as well. Of course if you have a pro level arm, then the 173-75 weight outlaws should work as well.

Hey so I know it isn't really the exact thread for this kind of question, but is Echostar equal in stability to star. Also how does it beat in.

Hey so I know it isn't really the exact thread for this kind of question, but is Echostar equal in stability to star. Also how does it beat in.

Echostar beats in faster than Star...but not as fast as pro. Right in the middle of the two I would say.

Agree. Echostar is interesting in that it seems to not wear in at all for a while, then suddenly you realize that it's flying as a beat in disc; that poof! it just changed on a dime. Pro just starts wearing in with each throw.

So its literally the equivalent of Biofuzion from Innova?

In some ways, yes; but in other ways, no. I've found Biofuzion (in the limited times I've used discs in it) to be a bit more durable than Echostar over time. Don't get me wrong, they both wear in, but it seems like (and I heard that) Trilogy pros use the Biofuzion in drivers because it's like Star plastic itself...

In some ways, yes; but in other ways, no. I've found Biofuzion (in the limited times I've used discs in it) to be a bit more durable than Echostar over time. Don't get me wrong, they both wear in, but it seems like (and I heard that) Trilogy pros use the Biofuzion in drivers because it's like Star plastic itself...

This is exactly what i was hoping to hear. Thanks

I have 4 flatter echos that are in the 168-179 range and they are dead straight to Understable or my one really beat one is my money roller....I just got two pop top echos without pat numbers....anyone know how they might fly...they r 169,170 and are 7/10

I have 4 flatter echos that are in the 168-179 range and they are dead straight to Understable or my one really beat one is my money roller....I just got two pop top echos without pat numbers....anyone know how they might fly...they r 169,170 and are 7/10

They are the best flying destroyers ever made in my opinion. I've had several in rotation since 2009. Must have pop top and patent numbers.

call me crazy, but i feel like my star shrykes fly just like my echostar destroyers used to. now i bag nothing but star shrykes and star destroyers for long distance. they work perfectly together and my more stable splatter star shryke is a perfect bridge between my regular flippy star shrykes and my stable/overstable star destroyers.

I just got two pop top echos without pat numbers....anyone know how they might fly...they r 169,170 and are 7/10

i used to throw a echo with a really poppy top that was 169. that thing ****ing bombed. the thing about it tho was it was very finnicky. if you gave it just a little too much stank, it was flipping over on you and getting really understable. it had glide that i havent seen since i picked up a star shryke. now star shrykes are my replacements for my echostar ds's and flippy destroyers. the two discs fly almost the exact same IMO.

The new embossed runs of GStar are really nice for me. Moved for a summer job and here it's windy so I had to take my Surges out of the bag. Gstar destroyers are acting the part of distance driver while staying stable in the wind.

Yes, from least to most to most stable. I did the sorting before the measuring. I pulled the 160 out of the mix because it was so much lighter than the others. The really interesting one was the champ.

Yes! This is what I am so confused about.
I stayed away from the Destroyer since I didn't hav the arm speed, threw Flow instead (awesome am replacement). Now however I'm trying to reach the 400' on the course and I wanted to use my Glow star Philo (memory disc that was standing on my shelf but since I can never sell it, I might as well throw it even though it reminds me of my most epic dg-week so far) as my headwind distance.
The least stabil Destroyer I've own before was a bear in Champion, is this due to the fact that they are stock no signature runs?
I finally found another US Champ that should arrive today.

Interesting!
I bet that the Champion Destroyer is one of the least stable? The new Philo for sure is not.

I stayed away from the Destroyer since I didn't hav the arm speed, threw Flow instead (awesome am replacement). Now however I'm trying to reach the 400' on the course and I wanted to use my Glow star Philo (memory disc that was standing on my shelf but since I can never sell it, I might as well throw it even though it reminds me of my most epic dg-week so far) as my headwind distance.
The least stabil Destroyer I've own before was a bear in Champion, is this due to the fact that they are stock no signature runs?

Interesting!
I bet that the Champion Destroyer is one of the least stable? The new Philo for sure is not.

The champion Destroyers I've thrown have all been super beefy and pretty glideless. If you want a less stable Destroyer, try a G*. They seem to turn over and glide better than standard star Destroyers. I've had some very, very long throws with them.

At 400' power you'll probably love the G* Destroyer. Keep a regular star around too. I'd never recommend champion unless you want a disc for headwinds or shorter drives. Champion Destroyers are one of the most stubborn drivers I've ever thrown.

Interesting!

The champion Destroyers I've thrown have all been super beefy and pretty glideless. If you want a less stable Destroyer, try a G*. They seem to turn over and glide better than standard star Destroyers. I've had some very, very long throws with them.

At 400' power you'll probably love the G* Destroyer. Keep a regular star around too. I'd never recommend champion unless you want a disc for headwinds or shorter drives. Champion Destroyers are one of the most stubborn drivers I've ever thrown.

If you're not a fan of GStar, try a Pro Destroyer. I use a Pro for headwinds, and it works well, being less OS than the Champs and Stars.

If you're not a fan of GStar, try a Pro Destroyer. I use a Pro for headwinds, and it works well, being less OS than the Champs and Stars.

I bag a 163 Star Destroyer. One of the Embossed runs. It's got bubbles in the rim and it's pretty durn flippy for a DS. It's much less stable than my max weight pro. I throw it for downwind, uphill flips, and big sky Anny lines.

call me crazy, but i feel like my star shrykes fly just like my echostar destroyers used to. now i bag nothing but star shrykes and star destroyers for long distance. they work perfectly together and my more stable splatter star shryke is a perfect bridge between my regular flippy star shrykes and my stable/overstable star destroyers.

This is exactly what I decided to do as well. Tried out a Bio Trespass but seems more like a Wraith to me. I have two Echo Destroyers left. The only ones I ever bought sadly. Only one stays in the bag at a time and I only throw it where I know it won't be lost or get road rash. The Shryke is 25-50ft longer for me anyways. Its a good move really, but I'll always have a love for those Echo Destroyers

This is exactly what I decided to do as well. Tried out a Bio Trespass but seems more like a Wraith to me. I have two Echo Destroyers left. The only ones I ever bought sadly. Only one stays in the bag at a time and I only throw it where I know it won't be lost or get road rash. The Shryke is 25-50ft longer for me anyways. Its a good move really, but I'll always have a love for those Echo Destroyers

I won't really compare a Shryke with any Destroyer I've ever thrown. I do bag both molds though. For me a Shryke is quite a bit flippier and longer than a Destroyer. A solid 50'. I pull the Shryke out on open bomber holes and use the star Destroyer when accuracy is more of a concern than sheer distance. Also, in anything resembling a headwind the Shryke is a lousy choice. They get erratic quickly. Star Destroyers hold up very well in anything below a heavy gust.

Drumroll.... It was almost flat and flippy, first try (on the local tour without warmup) I went 90% and slight hyzer, it flew a pretty turnover that would have faded if I gave it height. Can't wait to hit the field and compare it to my understable Flow!
I think it needs more hyzer than my Decodye Ballista.

One of my Champion a 170 gram is beefy but not overly so and has good glide, can get a nice shape of a bow, longbow style shape when I throw it. The other I have the 167 gram disc is a disc that is less stable then the 170 gram and can do a shot I have seen Paul Mcbeth do, a more micro s shot but it is lacking a bit of glide the other more OS disc has. I still get the 167 gram to go further just due to it being lighter and less OS.