• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Electron Envy

If they only made 500 and 50 were bad that's still decent. I would guess a couple bad ones get through from time to time and you will always hear about those the most. I won't worry about it myself just yet. Time will tell though

Out of 500 discs there should be no more than 1-2 that have flaws and they should be minor. Having a 10% failure rate on ANY shipped product is unavailable and proves that you have no idea how to manufacture that product.

A 10% failure rate will put a company out of business because you can give someone 500 good products and they won't say a thing because everything is as it should be. Give someone 1 bad product and they will complain on social media like there is no tomorrow.

Out of 500 discs there should be no more than 1-2 that have flaws and they should be minor. Having a 10% failure rate on ANY shipped product is unavailable and proves that you have no idea how to manufacture that product.

A 10% failure rate will put a company out of business because you can give someone 500 good products and they won't say a thing because everything is as it should be. Give someone 1 bad product and they will complain on social media like there is no tomorrow.

I do agree that a 10% failure rate is too high. I'm not even happy getting a 90% on a school exam. QA/QC should definitely be catching things at a better rate.

But these flaws do happen, and what a company does after the fact says a lot. So for Axiom to offer a no hassle exchange for a faulty product is a good step, and hopefully, if it is a problem, they will address the production accordingly (I'm sure they will, I believe MVP/Axiom do put out pretty consistent products), unlike, say, Failient.

Anywho, my E Envies are due this weekend, and I will report back with how the product appears. Really hope they're excelling cuz I've been way too excited for these.

Update. The person I bought these from had me email him pictures of the discs. He emailed them to HQ and they are replacing the discs. This makes me very happy. Like very happy. I love the company and will always throw their discs and the fact that they always immediately resolve any issue is a big part of the reason why.

This is why I love the small companies that makeup disc golf. I've had multiple great support experiences like this.

Except Salient. I'm glad I avoided that mess.

I was only giving a worse case scenario. I've had at least a thousand overmolds pass through my hands and have a couple hundred of my own with none of them faulty in any way.

I ordered 4 E Envys, 3 softs and 1 medium. Perfect molds on all of them. These things are upshot monsters and pretty good a putting. I am noticing that they have the same low speed fade but a longer glide before the fade kicks in. Beautiful

Anybody else feel like their electrons are a whole different mold than the neutrons and protons? Feels much more like an Atom than an Envy

Neutron on the left, electron on the right. Doesn't feel nearly as buff in the hand and inexistent bead. Didn't get to throw until the monsoon outside easens, can't wait for that
d86c8148e62c74d3e2a38ad06cfbd21c.jpg

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

It's really hard to see the actual profile or bead in your pic. Lots of shadows.

The beads indeed don't show in the picture, but the profiles of the rims are entirely different, that's what I was trying to point out.

The difference looks similar to one Disc having some dome vs one being flatter. The PLH difference kind of reinforces that. Does your E have more dome than your N?

My Es are waiting for me at home, whenever we make it back from our travels!

The domes are more or less identical. The electron's rim is a little wider while the neutron is more round and blunt and the lower side of the rim is a touch more concave on the neutron. I don't have any Atoms in stash at the moment, but if these guys were blank I'd guess they were Atoms instead of Envys

Perhaps this one will help clarify my point better than the earlier pic
31e3541329adcaaf3324cf81164e02a1.jpg

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

That's weird. They don't even look like the same disc. Perhaps they have a different mold for electron? Didn't they have to retool the ion to make it work in electron? I thought I had read that here. Maybe it's a similar scenario here.

They said awhile back that they have to use a different mold to make electron discs. That is one of the reasons its been taking so long for them to release discs in that plastic. Molds aren't cheap.

Looks like the E just 'sits' lower, with not so much core plastic extending from he bottom of the rim (i.e. less bead). I can see the slightly different rim shape too.

Anywho, I'll stop talking out my bum. I can do a similar comparison soon with a couple Ps and N, if interested.

I think what is happening with the mold is that the premium Envy's are flat on top and the rim is slightly a plus rim (it angles, it's not vertical). But in the Electron plastic the rim goes vertical which causes the plate height to slide down and creates a slight shoulder (dome) on top. It feels closer to the Electron Atom in the hand. I think I noticed the opposite with the Atom. It was released in the Electron first with a vertical rim, the premiums seem to be flatter with a slight plus rim.

I received two Es, both 173, ones the LE and ones stock. These are my first Electron discs. I only Putted with them, in my yard and at the course, and these are my initial thoughts. I'll draw comparisons to Judges.

I'll mention quick that they are put together very well. No obvious creases, consistent between my two. Was worried with the previously mentioned issues. All good!

The plastic feels pretty good. Pretty grippy, Medium give, kind of soft. Already got a decent gash in the rim of one (hit the side of a number plate square on top of a basket). Not unrepairable. I'd liken it to a blend kind of plastic, maybe a little softer. I think it might be too soft to be throwers, but good for putts. The premium envies are all perfect for throwing though, so I'm ok with this.

I have (or have had) around 7 envies in the various premium plastics. I'd say they've all felt pretty consistent, less my most recent P, which has a little more dome and bigger bead. Like already mentioned, these Es are shaped a little different. The two I have feel similar to each other, but shallower than usual. The 'bead' is not near as prominent. The bottom half of the rim is flatter, where other Envies have a bit of a concave shape to rest a pointer finger. The dome still flat like an Envy. I would say the inside of the rim is still slightly plussy like usual. Again, feels shallower.

I really like the feel In a fan/Putter grip. It's shallower than the judge. I kind of wish the bead was a little more prominent, as I like to rest my finger there, but my stroke didn't suffer. The feel was intuitive to release a faster spush/spin putt, IMO. I was expecting it to be more OS, at least as it slowed down, but I thought all my putts flew very straight, not unlike a fresh judge. Felt like these could give me a slight edge on longer putts vs the judge with a little less glide, faster flight, and great shallow feel. I will most likely not throw these, but only use them for upshots and putts. Pumped to get to know these better!

Latest posts