• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emporia, Kansas to Host 2013 Worlds!

I need a woman :)

Yes, you read right , i need a woman.... i will be in Emporia for tha Worlds, and i want to play at the mixed doubles, but none of my travelling buddies will play in a miniskirt and a bra, so i need to find a real woman to attend the mixed doubles with.

My only hopes are that she has played a few years and have a good sense of humour ;-) age, weight, colour, height... doesn´t matter.

Please step up if you will play with one of these stupid Danes that are travelling across the world just to throw some plastic into some chains.

About myself i can say that i play in the master division (41 years) and i have played for 3-4 years... my rating has gone up and down, but i will rate myself at around 880-890 ... i can not promise you any medals around your neck, but i will do my best. :)

Looking forward to play with you :)

Jasz (from denmark)

Which day is the mixed doubles?

Here is the tentative schedule:

July 6th Player Check In and Dubs
July 7th Field Events
July 8th Player Meeting at Granada
July 9th Play Begins
July 10th Play Continues
July 11th Play Continues
July 12th Play Continues
July 13th Semis/Finals at CC

We will be having another meeting in mid to late February and more concrete information should be available.

As information becomes available it will be posted at: www.dynamicdiscs.com/2013amworlds

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Emporia!

Sounds great, are really looking forward to my first Worlds :) and when such guys as DD hosts the tournament, i am sure that it is going to be great.... Keep the info flowing ;-)

Jasz

It looks like a decision still hasn't been made as to which courses will be used. I want to start contemplating a trip north to practice courses. Does anyone have any concrete info on which courses are being considered as candidates, and which ones are definitely out? Also, when does the temp there start getting into the 60s?

It looks like a decision still hasn't been made as to which courses will be used. I want to start contemplating a trip north to practice courses. Does anyone have any concrete info on which courses are being considered as candidates, and which ones are definitely out? Also, when does the temp there start getting into the 60s?

I'm probably able to answer your Emporia related questions.

I don't think you'll be able to practice the temp layouts on the ball golf courses until a week or two before the tourney.

Peter Pan and both Jones courses will likely be in the pin positions they are using a month or even earlier before. Not a lot of options here only some have multiple pin positions.

The middle school course is still an unknown last I asked. DD is still hopeful they can renovate and upgrade that course and it would be used for junior divisions. It's a pitch and putt for anyone over 14 years old but I think it's great for beginners and if they get teepads in....it would be good. That's the hope but right now it's been crossed off the list is what I was told by the TD.

Nothing is going to prepare you like playing the courses but the courses in DFW are really similar. Slightly wooded slightly wide open and always battling wind. You'll be right at home. I've played some areas down there and if you can shoot good at Towne Lake you can shoot good at Jones and Peter Pan.

As for the temps in the sixties....we've almost had those all winter. It won't be that warm on average though until late March. Sometimes it's even cold then but this year I'm thinking it will be a warm and rainy spring.

Besides the GBO, there is also the Monkey Island Open at Peter Pan as a warm-up.