• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever caught someone with your disc?

when you move up here i will show you the hot spots. just some really awesome courses up here. the best nation is donation, will always give up some stuff for my disc back.

have you played any of the mendocino county courses the reviews dont seem to match the pictures, low gap park looks cooler than anything in houston but i think only has 3 stars.

Sometimes, when I see the swampers pulling out discs from the muck, I want to go over there and cherry pick my discs back. Then I think to myself....they've earned it... have you smelled that swamp?

Geeez, can you imagine what woodpecker would have done? He would have beat the hell out of both those kids then thrown a couple bucks on there bodies.

lmao - ouch! you know - you're posts are always gonna come back to haunt ya!

I've have a bunch of these stories but finally one that has happen to me...

I threw a disc and decided it sucked so bad I wasn't going to watch where it landed... After spending an hour looking for it on the most wide open hole ever I gave up... It was a nice fly dyed elite X buzzz SS. I know they don't even make those anymore! Several people played through and saw me looking.

A few days later a buddy of mine that practically lives at the course, he's homeless, tosses me my disc!!! In an excited voice I asked him how and where he got it. He said he saw some guy he's never seen before toss a disc that looked like my lost baby... He asked the guy what it was and the guy's like "umm I think it's a buzzz" cool my friend says..."it wouldn't say KATIE on the bottom?? The guy says "no" with a red face and a little stutter. So my buddy says, "i'm going to walk over there and look at it, if you're lying to me i'm gonna smack ya" As he walks over to get the disc the guy takes off and we haven't seen him since.

So I'm guessing he picked it up while I was looking for it for the surrounding area, maybe the previous hole and took it... ass clown. Anyway, it's nice to have it back. I think I'm going to watch where my throws go from now on, even the ****ty ones.

Also, he didn't go unrewarded, I hooked him up with a nice shiny ROC. Good day for everyone.

Did you also have your phone number, PDGA number, or anything that would have allowed the person who found it to contact you? It seems harsh to get mad at someone who picked a disc with no contact info out of a "lost and found" pile when there was no way he could contact you. I'd do the same thing, too.

Contact info on a disc is the only hope you'll ever get a lost one back, and even then, chances are slim...

ah excuse me, but WHAT??????? The Grange is a private disc golf course. The LOST AND FOUND is a holder of discs lost at the Grange. If you did not lose a disc there you have no business looking through it...exemption being you were looking for a friend's disc.

Reread my post...you obviously missed something. No wait, after rereading your post you did understand mine. The LOST AND FOUND is not a buffet for anyone looking for plastic to throw. You are scary man. According to your logic you can look through ANY lost and found, and take whatever you want, as long as there is no contact info.

I've seen alot of people over the years playing with my lost discs. If they only have 1 or 2 discs I always just let them keep it, unless it was something I really liked, then I usually offer to give them a bran new disc for it. If they have alot of discs and I have seen them playing for a few years, then I usually ask "Does that have my name on it"

worst thing to ever happen was this.....

I was at the practice basket putting. I left my 2 putters by the basket because we were getting ready to play doubles and I figured I'd get them before we started. I see a group of 3 kids come through and ask them if they want to play doubles. THey say no and go play.

I go to pick up my discs from the practice basket a few minutes later to realize they are gone. So I go out to hole 6 to find these kids and ask them if they picked up 2 discs by the practice basket. They say no. I ask are you sure you didn't pick up 2 black aviars. They say no again. I say are you sure that black aviar that is in your hands with a bottom stamp and my name on it isn't the one I left on the practice basket?

He gives me a pissed off look and throws the discs as far as he can.

What an arse.

Hey chris d, you left them by the basket. You must not have wanted them. Finders keepers. DID you have your name, address, e mail, social security #, pdga #, etc on those discs???? How was anyone to know that those discs belonged to anyone but the finders? (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

That is a sad story, but not surprising. If you read my story you understand. To have someone reply and defend those actions really baffles me.

The person who responded to my post actually blamed me for not having all that above info on my disc. My name was on it. If you were truly concerned about "the return" it would not have been hard to find out my PDGA number (assuming I had one)

It is in the "lost and found" it should be of no concern to anyone other than the person whose name is on it.

Maybe some people need to go back to kindergarten and learn about "yours & mine"

Last edited:
Walked up on a hole a while back that had a group of kids looking for their drives. They told us it was cool to throw while they were searching. Let one fly and watched it land out in the open about 20 feet from the pin. You had to walk around a swampy area to get to the basket so you lost sight of it for a second. Walked up to where my drive should have been and it was gone? Looked around for a minute couldnt find it. Asked the kids if they had seen it, they said no. I really liked the disc so I searched for a while and asked the kids a couple more times if they had seen it. They answered no again.

I gave up and continued on. I was parked about 40 feet away from 18's basket. Im loading my stuff in to my truck and talking to my buddies. Thats when I see my disc fly down the hill. It was a custom dye that was easily recognizable . I ran over real quick and scooped up my disc, ran back to my truck and threw it back in my bag where it belonged.

You couldnt see the basket from the tee pad so they didnt see me grab the disc. It was very satisfying to watch them search for the disc for a while. After they gave up searching and finished playing they walked by where I was parked. I pulled the disc out and asked the guy that was doing most of the searching " I thought you didnt see my disc?" The kid just got an embarrassed look on his face "Ah, sorry man." he said. I didnt want to make it a big issue so I just told him he shouldnt steal from people, what comes around goes around, etc. Hopefully he learned from it, but probably not. It sure was nice to get my disc back and watch them search for it though!
Damn you disc thieves!

Damn you disc thieves!

your disc wasnt immediately back in your hand, so by the logic of far too many golfers, they owned the disc once they found it, not you. Lucky for you they also lost contact with the disc for .02 seconds thus allowing you to stake a new claim of ownership. A squirrel might have become the legal owner for a a second or too along the way.

Hard to understand how much the rules of ownership change, based on *some* golfers logic, just because you threw something that was intended to be thrown, huh lol

Never hit anyone, but the first time that I played in a decent wind, I was throwing my Wraith and on 15, I usually aim at 16's tee box, and "J" hook it into the pin... Well with the wind the Wraith buzzed the 16th tee and I had the group in front of me scattering... I did give em a heads up...:D

I can hardly remember which discs I've lost, traded, sold, or given away. I would be very careful about calling someone out on stealing a disc.
However, there is one that I'm still on the lookout for. I left it lying on a hole by mistake and went back for it only to find that someone had swiped it. It had all my contact information clearly and prominantly displayed. What kind of jerk picks up a disc that was clearly left by mistake, sees the name and number, and then just keeps it like it was his?! That's total BS. I'm sure my name and number have been wiped clean by now. I don't know what I'd do if I found someone with it. I'd definitely ask for it back. Thing is, how would I know that they were the ones that stole it. They could have picked it up off of someone else.
Anyway, if anyone sees a Blue First Run ESP Force with a superman logo on the back, I'd love to have it back.

OK... I took this the wrong way!!! (IDIOT)
Actually a couple Saturdays ago, I got to the course about 20-25 minutes before everyone else... As I walk to the course I play 17 & 18... There is NOBODY else there... On 18 I throw my Orc past the pin and into the parking lot... A guy with his dog get into his truck, and start to leave... He stops and gets out--walks over to my disc and picks it up... I yell at him to "PUT MY DISC DOWN"... He says "WHY IS IT YOURS???" From 200' I describe the disc, and what is on the back(DWG-38250-my phone #) He looks at the disc tosses it into what my group calls "LAKE PLACID" and drives away... WHAT A D!CK...

OK... I took this the wrong way!!! (IDIOT)
Actually a couple Saturdays ago, I got to the course about 20-25 minutes before everyone else... As I walk to the course I play 17 & 18... There is NOBODY else there... On 18 I throw my Orc past the pin and into the parking lot... A guy with his dog get into his truck, and start to leave... He stops and gets out--walks over to my disc and picks it up... I yell at him to "PUT MY DISC DOWN"... He says "WHY IS IT YOURS???" From 200' I describe the disc, and what is on the back(DWG-38250-my phone #) He looks at the disc tosses it into what my group calls "LAKE PLACID" and drives away... WHAT A D!CK...

When people do crap like that to me I do everything in my power to get revenge.

If your name and number is on it and the person doesn't want to give it back you could spend the time and money to take him to small claims court (given that you can figure out who this person actually is), in which case you would most likely lose unless you had the receipt (cause anyone could find a disc and put their name on it). If you did win (which is highly unlikely), you would not be rewarded the disc, but the actual cost of the disc, which would be much less than the court costs. So no, I don't think the person's whose name is on the disc has any legal claim to the disc once he has left it for lost, but they might, depending on the judge, have legal claim to the cost of the disc.

If they guy knew he was going to court, he could some how make sure that ink is off the disc before he goes to court.

Latest posts