• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

Just checking scores, and udisc shows Ezra taking quad bogeys on the first four holes. Is that correct? If so, what the crap is going on?

Saw somewhere that he was going to post on IG what happened. Thought we might have seen it by now.

You would think all those PPV dollars for disc golf coverage would include some reporting as to why one of the games top draws is not playing.

I haven't followed too much, but from what I have seen I am a fan and hope he does well. Is he really considered a top draw at this point? He seems like one of the many 1010-1020 rated players who are throwing their hats in the ring at this point. I know he has one of the best arms on tour, hopefully his short game comes around too.

I personally hope he makes it work. I'd love to see the fitness aspect of disc golf get more credibility.

I haven't followed too much, but from what I have seen I am a fan and hope he does well. Is he really considered a top draw at this point? He seems like one of the many 1010-1020 rated players who are throwing their hats in the ring at this point. I know he has one of the best arms on tour, hopefully his short game comes around too.

I personally hope he makes it work. I'd love to see the fitness aspect of disc golf get more credibility.

I think so. I was very careful to claim him a top draw, not necessarily player. He is as active in social media and putting out content as anyone and getting the views.

I think so. I was very careful to claim him a top draw, not necessarily player. He is as active in social media and putting out content as anyone and getting the views.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I will have to check out some of his content, he seems a genuinely good guy.

He's definitely the media darling lately. How many other players have been hyped this much since, even prior to signing his first contract with a manufacturer.

He's definitely the media darling lately. How many other players have been hyped this much since, even prior to signing his first contract with a manufacturer.
I think that may have been one of the early keys to his being such a social media star. Most players are picked up way earlier than Ezra was. He had numerous top 20 finishes on tour, the A Tier win at Belton, and a few top 10s... without a disc manufacturer sponsor. That doesn't happen too often, and led to a lot of speculation, a lot of interest. On top of that, as mentioned, he got out there on social media and took advantage of it.

I think if he'd been on Team Discraft or Team DD or something through last year he might not have got as much of a boost.

You guys have been around this much longer than I have, but it appears to me that there has been a media explosion in the sport in the past few years. Prior to COVID or 2020, how many DG players had a "channel" and were producing content? Ezra just happened to jump on the wave IMO.

Latest posts