• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

as a vegetarian who still loves and misses meat, I definitely approve of the impossible whopper (with cheese)

Just want to point this out to everyone; Impossible Burger, Beyond Meat, and all the other "fake" meat brands currently growing in popularity are attempting to provide a substitute for real meat because of how unsustainable ranching is. McDonalds, BK, and Taco Bell understand that their main products, meats, are going to become more and more expensive. They want to hook people on the Impossible stuff now, because sooner or later it will probably be their main offerings.
No one should think that these fake meats are healthier.

Just want to point this out to everyone; Impossible Burger, Beyond Meat, and all the other "fake" meat brands currently growing in popularity are attempting to provide a substitute for real meat because of how unsustainable ranching is. McDonalds, BK, and Taco Bell understand that their main products, meats, are going to become more and more expensive. They want to hook people on the Impossible stuff now, because sooner or later it will probably be their main offerings.
I don't think anyone at the top of the fast food business sees these as the answer to the problem you're describing. I'd be willing to bet that within the next decade one of these chains will begin the shift toward lab-grown meat, as opposed to plant-based meat-substitute. These are more in response to a niche in the market turning into a broader movement that they can make money off of (vegetarianism/veganism).

The impossible burgers and tacos I've tried are pretty good. If you are not a vegetarian they aren't lower fat or more nutritional though.

OK, but what if you are vegetarian? :D

Then you get a pretty good tasting burger that is the closest thing to meat that I've ever tried.

Yes, but are they lower in fat or more nutritional on account of you being a vegetarian?

Oi. I'm out here explaining my jokes. I must be old.

Yes, but are they lower in fat or more nutritional on account of you being a vegetarian?

Oi. I'm out here explaining my jokes. I must be old.

I'm on meds, got me off my game.

There is plenty of easily sustainable ranching... we aren't hurting for land or cattle... and it can be done sustainably... the research and the knowledge is out there... and many ranchers are already doing it..

These items are made to make money. That is it.. now they push the doom and gloom agenda to help sales to those who are easily swayed... and true.. these "designed" meats are very processed and not natural or healthy.

Honest question:

How much South American beef do we consume in the US?

Not nearly as much as we consume from Australia, Canada and Mexico, but the number is growing.

Recent trade commentary makes it clear that beef exports out of South America are gradually on the rise in the US market, challenging traditional imported beef suppliers like Australia and New Zealand.

"South American volumes are coming off a low base, tonnage-wise, which is why the trend looks a bit startling," an Australian export trader said yesterday. "But it's fair to say that we are not used to competition in the US imported beef market from this region."

There has been some speculation that Argentina may in fact fill its 20,000 tonne US beef quota this year, for the first time. If that happens, the price advantage over Australia might see Argentina continue to sell beef at full tariff rate into the US.

"Certainly Uruguay has done that at different stages in the past," a trade source said.

Brazil currently exports to the US under the 'other countries' quota of 60,000t each year, shared with smaller players like Nicaragua, Costa Rica and others. Nicaragua is a regular shipper, in small quantities, into the US market.

"In a big year, Brazil could easily put 40,000 to 50,000t into the US under that quota, given how aggressively they ship – but the fact is that currently Brazil is heavily focussed on the China market," the trade source said.

https://www.beefcentral.com

Not surprising at all. How did it taste though

My impression was that if the kitchen staff on a colony spaceship on a voyage to another star that required ten years to arrive wanted to have a morale-boosting meal, they might have a "Burger King" night and make mock-ups of an old earth Burger King meal to serve out of their processed algae and protein tanks, and that an Impossible Whopper tastes like that.

My impression was that if the kitchen staff on a colony spaceship on a voyage to another star that required ten years to arrive wanted to have a morale-boosting meal, they might have a "Burger King" night and make mock-ups of an old earth Burger King meal to serve out of their processed algae and protein tanks, and that an Impossible Whopper tastes like that.
Not a chance. By the time we are capable of interstellar travel, assuming we get there, we will also be capable of building our nutrient sources from the atom up. The meat the colonizers eat will be in every way but source indistinguishable at an atomic level from the stuff we get from ranchers.