• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite and least favorite disc golfer

I followed his group (obviously) at the USDGC and have been around him at a fair amount of local events, and from all that I can tell, yes, he's the coolest dude ever.

Hey! I'm a birdie member! Yay!!!:clap:

Officially better at posting than disc golfing! EVERY post is a birdie now!

He never watches his disc hit the ground though. Ever notice that? He just turns around - even if its a good shot. :doh:

that's cause he parks every hole with his comet and just needs to find the basket to find his disc

I followed his group (obviously) at the USDGC and have been around him at a fair amount of local events, and from all that I can tell, yes, he's the coolest dude ever.

Yeah, I try to follow his card at the USDGC when I can. I usually run into him on the weekend (every now and then at Hornets Nest) and try to chat it up with him and get some tips from him. He's real laid back and approachable for sure.

Johanson is a stud, super smooth, good attitude. Locastro needs to watch him and take notes on how to not be a d.b.

I gotta give a shout-out to Philo Brathwaite. Super cool guy, and great ambassador for the sport.

Paul Mcbeth,played with him today .great kid always answers any questions I ask . he makes it look so easy.HB boy!.met Nikko L.when he played here in Huntington Beach last week .was friendly to me

Being fairly new to the sport and in particular, following the pros, I have become a fan of Nikko because of his personality. I think he's probably the best "posterchild" we have.

Everything from his crazy dress, to his excessive celebrations make him easy to follow and latch onto for newcomers.

When Tiger injected ball golf with personality, all the old timers hated it. Hated the "new" fans that became interested in golf. Hated the fist pumps. Hated to flash, that was typically absent in "their" sport.

Then the money came in. Golf exploded and was suddenly interesting to people of all ages, incomes, and backgrounds.

I can only hope that having such an enthusiastic player helps our sport as well. So, going against the grain:

Favorite: Locastro

Least favorite: That big goofy Swede with the white hair, Lundmark. Don't trust him...

I agree. Reminds me of Dale Earnhardt, love or hate him but he is fun to watch as he gets real aggressive with other drivers, bumping into cars etc... and ending up into winner's circle pretty often. He perhaps singlehanded brought NASCAR into the mainstream from "redneck south".

Nikko is certainly exciting player to watch. I agree he needs to tone down his outburst and I think he gets better over time lately. Great comeback in Japan Open. Great win at Vibram Open at last hole. Awesome ace in Sweden. Won Player's Cup. Great ace to tie Paul Uli at last hole at Fountain Hill Thrills recently. Consummate risk-taker. I cannot wait for The Memorial!

I gotta give a shout-out to Philo Brathwaite. Super cool guy, and great ambassador for the sport.

Yeah, he was in the group with Dain Sivak as I caddied for Dain at USDGC and Philo had a really hot round of 59 and that was really fun to watch. He got good momentum hitting GREAT long putts and got great eagle on hole 12. In all he got 8 birdies, 1 eagle and 1 bogey and it was best round for that day. I was rooting for him all the way. Man, that was really tough course. Guess what Dain got total of about 9 OBs (which add 18 to the overall score for nothing) but still his three round rating average was around 962.