• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite and least favorite disc golfer

His style is weird fa sho heh...he does this kind of thing off the tee too.

Surprised that Brad Hammocks name has not come up in this thread.

Brad's name hadn't come up yet (negatively) because he's an awesome guy. I've met him a few times at the USDGC and he is super cool.

His throw is quirky... but that doesn't make him the least favorite (for me).
DSCJNKY

Being fairly new to the sport and in particular, following the pros, I have become a fan of Nikko because of his personality. I think he's probably the best "posterchild" we have.

Everything from his crazy dress, to his excessive celebrations make him easy to follow and latch onto for newcomers.

When Tiger injected ball golf with personality, all the old timers hated it. Hated the "new" fans that became interested in golf. Hated the fist pumps. Hated to flash, that was typically absent in "their" sport.

Then the money came in. Golf exploded and was suddenly interesting to people of all ages, incomes, and backgrounds.

I can only hope that having such an enthusiastic player helps our sport as well. So, going against the grain:

Favorite: Locastro

Least favorite: That big goofy Swede with the white hair, Lundmark. Don't trust him...

Hammock may be funny to watch but dude is just ill.

Anyone who has ever played Foothills in Easley SC knows the course is no joke. Hammock goes out there and shoots a 47 and backs it up with a 44.

Seeing someone that small throw >500' is impressive too.

He had his meltdown that probably cost him quite a bit but he is mellow now and have never seen anything negative out of him.

A few years back I was crushed to find out that people hated me. It took injuries and bad play to make people like me. I guess whoever beats you in a tournament is who you are supposed to dislike. I just made it a goal to beat them. Others choose to hate.

A few years back I was crushed to find out that people hated me. It took injuries and bad play to make people like me. I guess whoever beats you in a tournament is who you are supposed to dislike. I just made it a goal to beat them. Others choose to hate.

I can't believe anyone would hate you, Chris. Everyone was so excited to see you at our club in Jan!!!

I've got the same goals and these Adv women around here aren't going to make it any easier. :|

Favorite: Any local pro who beats one of the big national names.

Least Favorite: The TDD and his two cohorts who each need 7+ shots and two beers (the containers of which they graciously leave on the ground) just to complete a 300' hole, who won't let you play through, and get pissy when you cut around them to the next completely empty hole (despite the fact that you're able to walk backwards down the next hole's fairway, tee off, do your upshot, putt out, and walk back to the previous hole's pad before they even finish the one they're on).

Hammock may be funny to watch but dude is just ill.

Anyone who has ever played Foothills in Easley SC knows the course is no joke. Hammock goes out there and shoots a 47 and backs it up with a 44.

Seeing someone that small throw >500' is impressive too.

He had his meltdown that probably cost him quite a bit but he is mellow now and have never seen anything negative out of him.

wow..those are nice scores out there..47 is hard enough to imagine but to follow with a 44..:clap:

Some of my favourite top Pros that I've had the fortune of competing with (in no particular order)

Micah Dorius - doesn't play much anymore, but he's one of the best players I've met, and I've enjoyed playing with him through the years. Also, Micah's form is right up there with Shultz as far as nearing perfection.

Cary Trotter - Cary was nice to me before I knew who he was. I've enjoyed talking with him over the years when our paths cross, and I especially appreciate he patient approach to difficulty in his game. He's had some hurdles, but always manages to be polite and respectful to the game, and other competitors

Eric McCabe - For how good he is, he's way too nice. Most golfers at his level are disconnected from reality and forget how fortunate they are to make a living doing something as cool as DG. I've never seen Eric show frustration or malice toward anyone. I've had the fortune of playing a few warm up rounds with Eric before the Beaver State Fling the past couple years, he was even nice enough to let me keep the box for a few holes, lol.

Coury Coates - Coury is a local player who's been hanging in the 995-1005 range for a few years. I appreciate his admiration of the game and his humble willingness to always want to learn more and get better. I hope he starts to hit the tour a little more someday as he definitely has the composure and skill to move up a level.

Chris Vilmorin - Chris is out of San Diego and doesn't play so much anymore either. I have never seen ANYONE with more potential in our sport, ever! Chris has occasion attitude problems, which probably has to do with the ppl who influence him. Chris has always been polite to me and I've enjoyed the rounds we've played simply so I could watch him. He could easily be the best player in the world if he pulled his head out...

Jay Reading - One of the few people who totally "gets it". Great advocate of our sport. Great player. And always fun to play with.

Garrett Gurthie - I've never met Garrett, but after watching how he's dealt with scenarios regarding Brad Williams, and a few other adverse conditions, I'm very impressed with his composure and attitude. He chose to be the bigger man in an interview that I watched that he had every right to just go off, and that's impressive. Especially from someone of his age.

Paul McBeth - I met Paul when he was a kid playing in the AM divisions. At some point he and I ended up playing a few ADV AM events together. Really quiet, but good natured kid. For the record, I used to squash him, lol! Now he's a big timer and I'm really happy to see him retain his good natured outlook. Go Paul!

Barsby - I've know Greg for a number of years and the guy makes me laugh all the time. For such a joker it's hard to imagine he takes anything seriously, until you see him play and realize that his skill can't be an accident. I don't know too many people that are equally good FH and BH, but Greg is dangerous!

Mike Leslie - Mike is one of the most dominant players of Washington State. If you ever get to meet him his appearance will likely scare the crap out of you. He's 6'5"ish, and around 250' pure muscle. Big grizzly beard, and most of his clothes are patchworkesque. Looks like he could rip someone in half and eat their heart for breakfast. Anyhow, the guy is awesome and is an impressive golfer. He's willing to tell you his life story and is so excited about DG changing his life around. Good guy, scary guy, but good guy

Dion Arlyn - Dion has been moving up in the ranks the past couple of years, and minus a couple of attitude bumps, he's been an incredible solid individual. He puts at least as much back into the sport as he takes out, and his hard work has been greatly appreciated by the Oregon DG community. Dion's going on tour full time this year so if you have a chance to sneak out to an NT and watch him, do it! The guy throws further than Avery, and when he gets hot, he's unstoppable

My favorite pro is Val Jenkins. I admire her game and find her warm personality to just be genuinely contageous. Her blog is a good read, you can enjoy it here.
http://www.valariejenkins.com/Site/Blog/Blog.html

My least favorite pro isn't a specific person per say, it's a type of Pro. My least favorite pro is the borderline-pro-guy. He's not really good enough to beat the top guys but he always wants to remind the guys in the lower divisions how great he is. He takes the game way too seriously and sucks the joy out of your round. I know a few of these, you probably do too.