• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite disc

RobA

Banned
What is that one disc you would never take out of your bag?

Mine is a beat in Firm Vibram Summit putter, 168g. It has gotten me out of trouble more time than I can count, and is responsible for a good portion of birdies on shorter, finesse holes.

Depending how I throw it, it has a predictable turn that I trust on approach shots around trees, bushes, etc. Or it will go perfectly straight with a ton of glide when I hyzer flip it.

Lat/Trilogy Halo Air 153 And my ancient beat up Tye-Dye Discraft Stratus

The one disc that I thought would never leave my bag has. The Valkyrie. Now I would say that it would have to be the Atom. Love it.

That's a toughie, since my technique is a lot better than a year ago and I'm throwing my Champ Teebird and Champ Eagle around 275 consistently. Maybe the Eagle because of fade and skip.

MVP Volt. Started out as a great stable fairway, and now that it is showing some age flies straight as an arrow with a subtle fade. My go to for a lot of shots. Tee shots, get out of trouble, true fairway shots, etc.

great disc

My old beat in DX Viper. It has a perfect mellow fadeyness. I can still count on it to hyzer, but it is much more versatile than a fresh one. And I threw my only ace with it :D

Driver- new blizzard 158g katana. Beautiful s line drives even for a weaker arm like mine (~325-350 consistently).

Mid- champ roc3. Consistent and controllable.

Putter- classic 174g warden. Any line from any distance up to about 175 ft.

Eh, truthfully, probably none. They're discs, you can find something that works.

Something with sentimental value is another discussion entirely.

Eh, truthfully, probably none. They're discs, you can find something that works.

Something with sentimental value is another discussion entirely.

Perhaps, but it definitely is nice to have one that you don't have to think about.

Glow Tern. Orlando Open Stamp. For my arm speed it's the perfect high speed driver. It will give me a very slight turn but pretty much go dead straight with tons of glide.

Perhaps, but it definitely is nice to have one that you don't have to think about.

I don't think I've ever had a disc I didn't have to think about (even just a little) before I threw it. There are some I think about less though.

One of my recent favorites is a Comet, and I do a good bit of thinking before I throw it, because if I don't, it's going to let me know it.

Latest posts