• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite putter

I won a Aviar at a tournament, and I really like this disc. It puts my Magnet to shame inside of 40ft. I am having trouble with it hitting the target outside of 40ft so I have to still use the magnet after that.

I won a Aviar at a tournament, and I really like this disc. It puts my Magnet to shame inside of 40ft. I am having trouble with it hitting the target outside of 40ft so I have to still use the magnet after that.

The only way I'm going to hit anything outside 40' is with a shotgun.

Woodpecker<<<still the world's worst putter.

I dare any of you to try a Skeeter from thirty feet out.

They don't break hardly at all, just aim at the right side of the basket and it falls right in.

Played the last week with the new SuperStupidSoft Voodoo 175g.

I am quickly becoming a huge fan. If thrown hard with some distance it seems to move to the right a little before it levels out and of course tail left at the end. SO if aimed properly with speed, it seems to move right and left and cover more of the chain width. I never thought about throwing a slightly understable putter, but I am really enjoying it.

I just bought and started using a Magnet ProD. I LOVE IT! I can throw it waaaay better than my Aviar P&A, infact I made a 115' putt with it yesterday(No lie, i have witnesses). The thing holds a line like its on rails.

It is about 10g lighter than my Aviar.

i started with a pro-d magnet, it was 172 weight, but just seemed light and it wasn't very good in windy conditions. i switched from the magnet to an elite-x comet, but finally decided that a true putter would probably be better in the long run. i just bought a pair of 175 kcpro aviars, and i love them! I use them both equally so they will wear the same over time. the aviars are quickly becoming my favorite.

i started with a pro-d magnet, it was 172 weight, but just seemed light and it wasn't very good in windy conditions. i switched from the magnet to an elite-x comet, but finally decided that a true putter would probably be better in the long run. i just bought a pair of 175 kcpro aviars, and i love them! I use them both equally so they will wear the same over time. the aviars are quickly becoming my favorite.

Thats funny b/c that is one of the reasons I did not like the Aviar in 178. Too heavy. Thats why I wanted to try out the Magnet in 167-168. I feel like i get a cleaner release with the Pro-D's "smoother" plastic vs. the DX. Plus the magnet feels like the lip is a bit shallower than the Avair.

It's worth trying different weights for putting. Many people who have done this settle on stable putters (Wizard, Aviar Driver, Challenger, Banger) in the 165-168g range for most putts. The stable molds handle wind well and the lighter weights carry farther without being too floaty on misses. These people also seem to like mid weights (168-172g) for approaches and max weight for drives.

174 gateway wizard

I won this putter in a tournament, man this putter is great. It is very fast and accurate. I love it.

I love my soft banger gt's. I don't see a lot of other people using them, but I swear by them.

#2 upshot is the only putter that works for me!! before that, champ aviar but i didnt like it too much

I actually use the Magnet and the Avair. I use my Magnet (168) for approach shots 100ft-40ft. Inside of 40ft I switch to my Star Aviar. The combo works great for me.

Latest posts