• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite putter?

Catfishmac

Alright, let's hear it guys. What's your favorite Putter? I have been throwing aviar's for most of my 12+ years on the course. About a year ago I got hooked on the dart but it doesn't handle wind very well. So, I picked up a SSS Wizard last week and I absolutely love it. But, I've been reading about these and the inconsistency scares me. Are they really that inconsistent? If so, I'm open to try something new.

Hard to beat an Aviar. My favorite is a DX, 180g, and a little worn. A close second would be a Soft Banger GT, but only for short range putts. I just can't get a consistent throw outside of 50'.

Don't get lost in the whiny gateway bashing on this forum. If you lose your favorite gateway putter, there are plenty more out there. There may be some exactly like yours, or some very similar. I just switched from an organic wizard I've been putting with for a year to the chalky one we got in the ams, and I haven't lost or gained any strokes because of it

Had been putting with champ rhyno's for a little over 2.5 years but recently started putting with pro-d challengers.

Only one with this response I can guarantee you. Hydra for me.

used a 172g Xputter first than went to a 168g juju and now use a 168g SSS wizard and i am in love with it. I need to buy like 4-5 more cause i love it so much. The only issue I have had with the SSS is a couse near me has alot of rocks and a rock almost went through it cause its so soft other than that I love it.

I just recently converted from a SSS Voodoo to a SS Magic for my favorite putter. Truthfully though, I really love 3 of the 4 Gateway putters, Voodoo, Magic, and Wizard, and I use all 3 for different duties. I have everything from rock hard Mediums to pleasantly floppy SSSS, and everything in between.

CryZtal Challengers.

I use ESP FLX challengers for normal situations.

I use a CryZtal challenger for super hot/humid days.