• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Favorite Putting Putter?

Which Putter Do you use?

• Ion

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Aviar

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • Anode

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Judge

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Challenger

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Omega SS

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Magnet

Votes: 11 6.9%

• Total voters

DJ Sticky Feet

Birdie Member
I'm kinda stuck on my putter situation, since my focus got warped. The ion's grip makes it more suitable for approaches for me. So i wanted your opinion on what your favorite putting putter is and why. I'm looking for something fairly straight within 60 feet. Leaning towards a magnet/soft magnet combo. Open to suggestions though.

I recently switched from putt and approach aviars to classic hard judges. Wish I would have switched earlier my confidence is way up and I'm putting much better. Love the Judge.

I personally use the magic, but it is to US for some. So then I would suggest the straight out of the boxes Voodoo or Warlock over the magic for you.

I putted with nice firm and rubbery ss wizards for a year and once they got beat in they are wonderful. A nice firm clozr or jk aviar would be excellent for me too. I decided to try a less overstable headless putter for fun and I likes the feel of my beat up zh pure that I throw so I bought some new ones and I prefer them now haha. But now I'm interested in the slower classic blend warden and the medium pure that will be released in a few days. A headless aviary and warlock also sound interesting.

Last edited:
Hands down the Gateway Wizard. There is reason it's one of the best selling putters on the market. It's just that good.

I like the Eraser Wizards best,but to be honest any wizard you get will treat you right. :thmbup:

I use Omega SSs. I love the feel of millennium's Super Soft, super flexy. Deadly straight.

I've used the Omega SS too since the start (last year) and it just keeps getting straighter and straighter for me. I can't speak to the 60 ft part though, that distance is still an upshot for me. lol

Polecat. Straight at any speed. I use mine for long runs at the basket, 100'+.

The Nova would also be a good choice. Its rim is really beefy, but it putts straight as well.

Legacy gravity clutch. Holds lines well, and very comfortable in the hand

Neutron Ion, for anything under 150 feet. (unless it's an extreme hyzer, or something)

dx aviar. i do all my putting except windy day putts with the dx, if its windy i step up to kc pro aviar for more stability. but if you like your ion, get an anode. its beadless and actually ive heard people rave about the lines they can huck from the teepad with it. seems very versatile. basically the mvp version of my innova set up.

well . . . the specs will say 1.8 cm for the wizard, but as far as wizards go they range from deep dish shoulder to pancake flat. i look for the flatties, but the other normal ones work just as good. boils down to comfort.

pure is 1.4 cm. great putter, driver and approach disc. i used to use opto for driving, zero soft for approaches and long putts, zero hard for circle work.

omega SS is 1.5cm

aviar is 1.5cm

at least according to one online retailer.