• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Favorite Putting Putter?

Which Putter Do you use?

• Ion

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Aviar

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • Anode

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Judge

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Challenger

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Omega SS

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Magnet

Votes: 11 6.9%

• Total voters
I'll second the Voodoo idea. I started with them, switched to Wizards and then went back to Voodoo's. Pretty straight right when you get them, and I like the almost nonexistent bead on them as well.

And they aren't obnoxiously shallow like some beadless putters

I moved from Magnets to Vibram. I have been using a Ridge, but I have a Summit that I want to try out at the course. It practice it does really well.

I have gone through many, stopped on soft proton ion for all puts, makes use me use the snap as a spin putter, also great outside the circle, though touchy.

I use a KC aviar most of the time but will use a Rhino depending on the wind and what is behind the dish. Still open to trying something new for fun

I use a SSS Magic for everything inside the circle and 3x Yeti Pro Aviar for jump putts. I used to throw the Yeti on everything, but the Magic is such a point and shoot disc inside the circle that I had trouble justifying putting with anything else. It just goes exactly where you put it.

I have been through many. Nova, Anode, Rhyno, Challenger, Aviar. I gave each one a very long audition. Thought the nova was the one. Then I won a giveaway. A sss wizard. I now have 2 sss wizards, 1 s wizard, an eraser wizard, a rff wizard and one sss magic. I love the wizard. LOVE IT. SSS is an awesome disc. Bought the others just to get a feel for them, figure out which one is best for each situation. Driving, approach, putts. Not sure what the magic is gonna be for me, but thought i would try it. Might just be a practice putter, never know.

Opto Pure. I tried everything. Feels great in my hand. I love the flight. I immediately started hitting more chains from day 1. I have (4) red sparkle Opto Pures. They live in my practice basket outside. The sun and weather soften them up a bit over time.

jailtime

Went from aviars to a rgl pure To soft magic. Found the warden and that's where it stops. Love my classic softs. Just got a reptile rff wiz that needs to be tried out. Love its velvety feel. Just waiting to introduce it to the chains :thmbup:

I went through quite a few putters. Various Aviars, Omegas and pretty much every Discraft putter. I finally found that for my style of putting (hybrid spin/loft with slight hyzer), the MVP soft Proton Ions did the trick. I've auditioned other putters since then but I just kept coming back to the Ions. I found that I prefer beaded putters and the feel of the soft Proton plastic. I also FH "putt" from long-range and the curved inner rim just feels natural to me in this regard. They are also my driving putters.

Wow. Just looked at the rim depth of the Wizard - 1.8 cm. I bet it would work great as a soup bowl too. The rim depth of the Aviars are 1.5 cm and those feel very deep in my hand already. Drivers usually have around 1.2 cm.

I used to putt with a DX Aviar, then P3, and now I'm planning to get a P1/Aviar again. Shallow-rimmed putters feel better in hand but aren't as good for putting as they are almost always too stable/overstable.