• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite short courses

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
That's under 5500 feet for 18 if you use the browse filter, or an average of 305 or less for courses with more than 18 holes. I had never heard of Redeemer a week ago, now it's my number one. Any other sleepers out there ?
My top ten list;
Redeemer
Roscoe Ewing
Bracketts Bluff
Base Camp at Killington
Blue Angel
Ocala Greenway
Morristown Kiwanis
Seven Oaks
Timmons
Hobsons Grove

Last edited:
Cedarock Red
Johnson Street White
Johnson Street Red, if you can find the surviving red brick pavers and know where the missing ones were.

Moose Mountain DGC in Brookfield NH. Just under 4400 ft and still a ton of fun!

5500'?

Our local shortie (NOT including the elementary school course) is 3771'. Which works out to a 209.5' average. 4 holes over 250', and only 2 of those are over 300'.

Bring your accuracy though, it's very wooded.

Are we talking only 18+ hole courses?

Stoughton of Kiwanis in Stoughton, WI is 9 holes but only 2320'. Not nearly as easy as that makes it sound.

Marie Krause Park DGC in Fredonia, WI is 2612' and is the hardest 9 holer I have ever played.

Can't say I have played a ton of really short 18 hole courses.

Marie Krause Park DGC in Fredonia, WI is 2612' and is the hardest 9 holer I have ever played.

Me too! Haven't been there in well over a year; I need to get out there to see what improvements they have made.

Valley View in New Berlin, WI is my favorite... tons of short, technical holes with multiple pin locations to add variety.

Rolling Hills... love it from the shorts.
At 5624 from the whites, Quail Ridge just misses out. I enjoyed the hell outa that course.
If I had to stay under the 5500 limit, I'd just play a few of holes from the reds.

Last edited:
Reedy Creek and Kilborne in Charlotte fall into that range from the short tees. Both are very fun courses.

Akita's Run, hands down.

Oh, and Winter Park. Both are awesome courses.

Are you talking Redeemer in Charleston, WV?

For the Dallas/Ft Worth metro, Bear Creek is a fun little shortie from the am tees.

Edit: Just realized the long configuration barely exceeds the requirements, ringing at around ~5600'.

Last edited:
Most of this area is shorter courses, but my favorites are

Cossar- Nice mix of technical and open holes

Wall Doxey - The Jungle- Wooded technical course that gets a little longer towards the end. Probably my most played course.

Ole Miss DGC - It was awesome before they changed it up, but it is still a nice little course.

Shu Pond 2607' for 9 holes, i can smash out a round in 20 minutes. Otherwise Winter Park, Zephyr Cove, R.L. Smith and Ghost town were all fun plays for me.

In this area my favorite is Monroe Community Park, which is a 24 hole course that averages 247'/hole. It's very technical but there are clear lines on every hole. A 1000-rated round is around -11, and it's a great course for doubles.

The Brickyard in Menomonie, WI. 9 holer with multiple tees and pins. Great shot variety and some elevation. Since it is maintained by college kids, its not always in tip top shape. Still a great course that I played the crap out of in college.

The Brickyard in Menomonie, WI. 9 holer with multiple tees and pins. Great shot variety and some elevation. Since it is maintained by college kids, its not always in tip top shape. Still a great course that I played the crap out of in college.

Deffinitly agree, very fun challenging course. And the elevation is pretty amazing.

Lincoln Park in Massillon, OHIO is only 5,128 feet and is a very fun par 3 park-style course. Very well designed given the small area of land used.