• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

feelings towards certain discs

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
Okay I got a few disc questions.

I use a buzzz ss z, how does it compare to normal buzzz z.

What plastic is best for buzzz that you've figured out.

Is there a different midrange I could use for more confidence? I feel I lack on that with the buzzz z, buzzz ti, and buzzz ss z.

I like my westside king, esp surge, and champion boss. I've tried a ton of discs and these are the only three I feel confident with.

if the buzz isn't working you are most likely doing something wrong. How far can you throw max distance?

I haven't actually checked. Probably like 275 based on the length of the holes on courses I play

Well they are totally different discs, I find that an ss holds an anhyzer way better than a standard buzzz and when I put power on them both the standard buzzz will stay more straight and do what I want it to do. I unly use the ss for like 270 foot anhyzer lines

If you are only throwing 275 you shouldn't even touch speed 10+ drivers. Go pick up a fairway driver or 2 around speed 7 or 8 and use those untill you can consistently throw them 350. I reccomend a river and a teebird.

What do you mean by confidence here? Is it flipping on you? Wind resistance?

The SS is supposed to be less stable...better for hyzer flips, turns, and annys. For the regular Buzz, I much prefer Z or Glow Z, but the esp is great, too.

If you want something with more hss, maybe try out a z Wasp, vip Warship, or opto Pain. Warship is pretty close to the Buzz in stability, but the other two are a notch up.

I got a 173 z buzzz and I love it beat it in a ill and it'll be your favorite disc.
I'm kinda new an just pulled of my fist 250ft anyhzer with it an I usually throw it instead of my drivers well because my wraith is to dinged up an flips when I flick it and rolls like no other.
But stick with the normal.

Well on my course it's heavily wooded so I can't really judge my throws. I'll try some different discs.

I think I'll try my buzzz glo or switch to a wasp or something. Guess it's just trial and error.

Confidence like, comfort along with control. I have fat small hands Lol

The Stalker is my new obsession so I'm now going to recommend it in every thread like this without bothering to actually read through the OP.

if the buzz isn't working you are most likely doing something wrong. How far can you throw max distance?

While its likely to be true, its not true.
I hate buzzez for a number of reasons:
No bead- wtf kinda mid doesnt have a bead?!?
Power req- flys like poo @< 75% pwr
wierd stability- can hyzer, laser beam, or turn over from slight throwing differences
too long- when up to speed itll fly driver distance but again, powers down like poo
assasin- the buzzz killed many great dc molds cus folks dont know how a disc should feel.
;)

While its likely to be true, its not true.
I hate buzzez for a number of reasons:
No bead- wtf kinda mid doesnt have a bead?!?
Power req- flys like poo @< 75% pwr
wierd stability- can hyzer, laser beam, or turn over from slight throwing differences
too long- when up to speed itll fly driver distance but again, powers down like poo
assasin- the buzzz killed many great dc molds cus folks dont know how a disc should feel.
;)

So what mid range would you suggest for a strong armed beginner who plays alot??

Okay I got a few disc questions.

I use a buzzz ss z, how does it compare to normal buzzz z.

What plastic is best for buzzz that you've figured out.

Is there a different midrange I could use for more confidence? I feel I lack on that with the buzzz z, buzzz ti, and buzzz ss z.

I like my westside king, esp surge, and champion boss. I've tried a ton of discs and these are the only three I feel confident with.

How are you getting those other discs up to speed to have correct flight, the buzz should do whatever you want it to. unless you have some form issues.

Maybe it's everyone telling me that buzzz is some amazing disc. And I'm throwing a buzzz ss and I don't feel comfortable using it. I'll try my glo buzzz but it's ugly as can be lol

I'm still not sure what you're unhappy with or looking for. Buzz really is a great disc, but if you don't like it, you don't like it. Before arriving at that judgment, though, be sure that it's not just form issues or grip issues...you listed drivers that you like, and probably most of us would agree that drivers just feel better in the hand that mids and putters. Mids are just different and take some getting used to. Luckily there are tons of them and you can probably find something you like in both the small-fat-hands department as well as the flight you want to see.

So what is your Buzz doing that you don't like, and what is it that you want to be seeing flightwise from a mid?

I'm not sure exactly. I guess it's from not trying other mid ranges. I'll have to try some out, I'll try a roc, regular buzzz, comet, wasp, kite, just until I find one I can feel comfortable with.

I would recommend trying a regular Buzzz before giving up on it based on your experience with the Buzzz SS. My Buzzz is my favorite disc, BUT it is also the disc I grip lock with the most. Even with that, it really goes where I throw it and has put me close to the basket (or in) more than any other disc in my bag outside the putting zone. I haven't tried a Buzzz SS yet, but I just recently bought a Comet (same stability as the SS) and I'm trying to learn more shots and work on my form. Right now it seems less forgiving than my Buzzz.

I'm not sure exactly. I guess it's from not trying other mid ranges. I'll have to try some out, I'll try a roc, regular buzzz, comet, wasp, kite, just until I find one I can feel comfortable with.

Feel 'em up and see what works for you. I'll bet that the Buzz will feel better to you than Rocs, but everyone's different. I'd really suggest putting a Core and a Super Stingray at the top of your list. They both are very nice straight mids that have a more shallow rim depth...sounds like you may prefer that feel. Core is easier to hyzer flip or turn...optos are the more stable of the two. Super Stingray will be similar to the Buzz SS with a different feel in the hand...they take a good bit of power to get them to turn when new. Maybe more like a -.5, 2 until you get it broken in a little. If you're after more stability and a disc that's harder to turn, I'd look into a vip Warship instead of the Wasp, but both will be a tick up from the Buzzes.

Yea I was just naming mid ranges off the top of my head, I'll try the buzzz first. Then probably warship due to the king in VIP plastic being so lovely Haha.

I'll make a list and try em out until one feels right. When I can play I'll be trying out my glo buzzz or ti buzzz. I didnt carry em before because limited bag space. Seems like everyone has different discs they like. Thanks for the help thus far. My first post has been extremely helpful xD

Latest posts