• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg on McFlysoHigh

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've been watching and I thought for sure someone would have commented here on Feldberg's rant against Marty and McFlysohigh videos. Feldberg got like 200 comments in 10 minutes on his post (before he deleted it). I was interested to see what the DGCoursereview community had to say.

Basically Feldberg was mad at Marty for not editing out competitors cursing. Said that he shouldnt be allowed to film anymore, its not the image the PDGA should allow.

It was posted in the USDGC thread under tournaments. Not sure what page but it went on for a little while.
Edit: Starting on page 83

Last edited:
It was posted in the USDGC thread under tournaments.

This.

If Dave doesn't want children exposed to that kind of language, it's kind of funny that he's attacking McFly for not editing it from his videos, but he's not calling out the pros, including himself, to work on increasing their vocabulary so he doesn't have to edit it in the first place.

Why shelter children from it in videos if they're going to hear it in person? It doesn't really solve anything.

I've been watching and I thought for sure someone would have commented here on Feldberg's rant against Marty and McFlysohigh videos. Feldberg got like 200 comments in 10 minutes on his post (before he deleted it). I was interested to see what the DGCoursereview community had to say.

Basically Feldberg was mad at Marty for not editing out competitors cursing. Said that he shouldnt be allowed to film anymore, its not the image the PDGA should allow.
Everybody thinks Feldberg is bat**** crazy and Facebooking while on pain pills.

Everybody loves McFly and his turnaround time is second to none.

Most could care less about cursing in a video and how it portrays our 'sport' and most focus was placed directly on the players themselves who are doing the cursing in the first place.

I think that sums up the DGCR reaction.

The players should not curse if they want to keep the sport clean. Seems obvious.

I guess ball golf "live" video is on a 7 second delay, so that is how they appear squeaky clean, but until DG could afford that, how about controlling your cursing?

Its on the top players to project the image that the PDGA is striving for. There's alot more to being a professional than playing Open. Dave brought up an interesting subject but chose the wrong target

It came across to me as a shallow, naive comment from Feldberg. More exposure to the game can never hurt, especially when someone like McFly is doing it at a high level. Take that away and what are you left with in terms of exposure and growth potential??

As for people cussing, I remember hearing (or maybe using :p) my first cuss word in the 4th grade. And guess what? It wasn't from a sports or television program. It came from two teachers talking amongst themselves. BAN SCHOOLS!!

Seems more like he has an axe to grind with McFly over something bigger, but I expect more from an "ambassador" to the game. Choose your battles Feldberg. Choose your battles.

Its on the top players to project the image that the PDGA is striving for. There's alot more to being a professional than playing Open. Dave brought up an interesting subject but chose the wrong target

This was pretty much my first thought too. The top pros are the ones who would actually benefit from better exposure and a better image for sponsors, the onus should be on them not on the videographers putting in a ton of time and effort to help them get that publicity for very little reward.

Athletes just need to stop whining on social media.

qtpxLLo.jpg

Here's a thought: the rules are in place to avoid cursing and having aggressive non-professional behavior.

Start calling players on unsortsman-like behavior and watch in a matter of ONE call how people clean up their language.

Putting Marty in your cross-hairs is absurdity at best.

Behave like a professional instead of like a petulant teenager and the problem is solved. You are representing your sponsors, the PDGA, and disc golf PERIOD when you sign up to play in a tournament - so don't go after one of the hardest working video-makers in the sport.

I felt like he was attacking someone that couldnt attack back, instead of posting on Nikkos wall he went for Marty. I put up Marty during Throw Down the Mountain II. He wouldnt even get dinner, to take 3 hrs+ of video down to 35 minutes so it was up the next morning...you can't edit every curse word. He doesnt have a team. He just wants the best videos up as soon as possible. Seemed like Feldberg's post wasnt meant to start a conversation like he later said, but that his poorly thought out point of view was already cemented. I like how a majority of the comments supported Marty. I hope that gets the Failberg ego back in check a little.

Oh and stop complaining about roots when you throw a bad shot.

Feldberg maybe could pay McFly for the extra editing that he already does essentially for free! If Lebron calls out ESPN for putting a video on SportsCenter of him cursing, that's understandable. But David Feldberg calling out a guy who gives us great quick coverage on a public YouTube channel? Give me a break haha

Look for strciter guidelines to come from the PDGA concerning video etiquette.

I'm not against Marty, but you most certainly CAN edit out every curse word, and you don't even have to bleep it. Being extremely fast is not as important as the quality of your work, feeding the addictions of the masses is exactly how we got ourselves into other problems (such as "why should I sign up for this tournament if the players pack sucks?").

It's the responsibility of the players to be professional, it's the responsibility of the media to produce something that the PDGA can slap their approval on. And yes, it's a PDGA event, so ultimately they can be "liable" for what comes from Marty as well.

Every media guy can have their own take, their own angle, and do a darn fine job. And this can be done without certain aspects of the game shown (like players bending over, grabbing their crotch, farting, cursing, what have you). If you really wanted to portray guys "as they are", you could have a field day with some footage if you are there all round.

Everyone says Feldberg is wrong, including me. Look in the mirror Dave, quit blaming others.

Should Marty edit the cursing? Yes.

However, professionals should also act like professionals. If you call out Marty, you need to call out Nikko and yourself as well for not acting "up to par" and that includes posting on Whinebook.

The only way McFly should be directed in what to include is if he is being paid by the PDGA. Otherwise, they should either say "Thank You for the amazing FREE coverage you are providing for our sport, or ban him from filming events. Which is more beneficial to the sport?

Latest posts