• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FH technique?

How do you know your grip is fine? lol

I've just seriously started trying to throw some approach/utility shots FH, been using Comets. I am finding that just switching to the "Avery Jenkins Power Grip" is giving me much more zip on the disc with the same efforts, and a cleaner release.

The best forehand grip is one finger tight. Two fingers will work. The main key is keeping your wrist generally locked to your hip (until the final milasecond) , a late wrist snap, and KEEPING YOUR PALM UP to the sky through the snap.

Go to your nearest body of water, and skip some stones. The motion is almost identical to forehanding.

When working with your discs, don't worry about footwork or even a full throwing motion. Concentrate on the actual "flicking" of the disc. You'd be surprised how far you can get it with a half swing but a perfect flick....

Your grip is fine, the rest of the throw isn't. You've got issues with wrist roll, and throwing on a single plane.

how is the disc flying? what are you throwing? how far are you throwing it? post a vid.

you really expect to get any help from a post like that? use your brain, rookie.

HOw do you know? He didn't even say anything about his throw.

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH

Courses Played: 6

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH

Courses Played: 6

You're from Iowa, I'm from Iowa. They may NOT know each other.

We DO know each other. I was the one who said his grip was fine to him in the first place (standard 2 finger fh grip). I also played 2 rounds with him. Good job. Dip****

I'm starting it? Get real, dude. I said they MAY not know each other. Then he called me a dip ****. He called me a dip **** before I ever said anything to him. Get off your boy's nutz.

Latest posts