• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Fierce: Paige Pierce TF Putter

Yeah definitely not that flippy. Paige wanted a profile similar to the deputy but she wanted more stability. She was really going for that 0 fade flight so maybe that last number would be 0 but it's not often you find a putter with 5 glide and I really feel like this one has it.

I submitted my feedback on Facebook and tagged Paige. She was having the same durability issues and has acknowledged they are working to find a more durable blend. Needless to say just the acknowledgment makes me excited for the next run of this putter.

The fact that they released 1100 putters at +$20 with bad durability doesn't look so good for Discraft
But it's smart to let the customers be the beta testers

The fact that they released 1100 putters at +$20 with bad durability doesn't look so good for Discraft
But it's smart to let the customers be the beta testers

Everyone knew full well that night these that they are test flight putters with no names, and experimental plastic with a brand new mold. This wasn't discrafts choice, this was her idea and pretty much everyone is ok with it including discraft. And let's be real a lot of these will be collectors discs for quite a bit of people. I'm still going to be throwing all of mine when they come in as well as they will probably beat in quickly to nice turnover putters but I can't use them as putting putters in this plastic.

Everyone knew full well that night these that they are test flight putters with no names, and experimental plastic with a brand new mold. This wasn't discrafts choice, this was her idea and pretty much everyone is ok with it including discraft. And let's be real a lot of these will be collectors discs for quite a bit of people. I'm still going to be throwing all of mine when they come in as well as they will probably beat in quickly to nice turnover putters but I can't use them as putting putters in this plastic.

I wasn´t being ironic, I DO think its smart to let the customers be beta testers and use the feedback.
I guess a proto is next then a 1st Run..and finally a stock run

The last approved disc from Discraft was the Malta so that putter is not even in the pdga approved discs list yet.

The last approved disc from Discraft was the Malta so that putter is not even in the pdga approved discs list yet.

Well yeah, it's still in the test flight phase, it won't be sent for approval until the disc including the plastic has been finalized

I wasn´t being ironic, I DO think its smart to let the customers be beta testers and use the feedback.
I guess a proto is next then a 1st Run..and finally a stock run

Ah my bad, it came off a little sarcastic to me lol.

Ah my bad, it came off a little sarcastic to me lol.

Yes, i saw that so i made a new post. . ;)

I still hope to try this disc but hard to see it making my bag if it´s that stable. . i just love the ESP and CryZtal Luna so hard to bag a new disc that fly similar

How flippy has your beat PP Putter become?

Yes, i saw that so i made a new post. . ;)

I still hope to try this disc but hard to see it making my bag if it´s that stable. . i just love the ESP and CryZtal Luna so hard to bag a new disc that fly similar

How flippy has your beat PP Putter become?

Well as I said before I haven't had a chance to throw it, maybe I should reword my findings. The disc has great high speed stability, but it has really low low speed stability, it won't fade like a Luna or a roach from longer putting distances. On top of that the emphasis of the glide rather than the speed of the disc gets the disc its straight flight and really makes a beeline for the basket. Like Paige said for those who like to go straight at the chains rather than calculating for the fade of the disc to go in the basket at the end of the flight. It's not too often you run into a putter that flies like that but isn't technically classed as an understable disc. It's kind of hard to explain.

The putters (and everything else) came in today. Initial reaction was that they were definitely shallower and softer than my Lunas. The plastic feels really nice too. I'm either throwing them tonight, or waiting until tomorrow, I don't know. I just realized the Inifite order came in via USPS while DC came in via UPS so I have a comparison to do now.

20191207_225520.jpg

Comparison with a new Deputy. Deputy in blue, PP in green.

The PP feels slimmer in the hand, lower profile, I doubt that it really is if measured but it feels that way. I like that quite a lot. The Deputy has what might be called a micro micro bead while the PP does not. A Mercy has a significant under curve on the wing, the Deputy is more moderate and the PP barely under curves at all. It feels very good.

The plastic is slightly more flexible than Prime and slightly slicker. Pretty minor difference. After putting with it a bit I expect the plastic to get nicely scratched up for the perfect amount of grip (I like beat putters).

The two putt identically inside 30 feet. Only beyond 30 do I notice a little stronger fade from the PP. Both have similarly good glide. Have not thrown it yet, will do so tomorrow.

20191207_152739.jpg

Well as I said before I haven't had a chance to throw it, maybe I should reword my findings. The disc has great high speed stability, but it has really low low speed stability, it won't fade like a Luna or a roach from longer putting distances. On top of that the emphasis of the glide rather than the speed of the disc gets the disc its straight flight and really makes a beeline for the basket. Like Paige said for those who like to go straight at the chains rather than calculating for the fade of the disc to go in the basket at the end of the flight. It's not too often you run into a putter that flies like that but isn't technically classed as an understable disc. It's kind of hard to explain.

Not really, the Classic Grid Aviar it does just this and is dead neutral in flight so when new and thrown hard for distance a Classic Grid Aviar will fly with a tad fade to the left and for putting the Classic Grid Aviar will fly and one can point the disc right to where you putt rather then force it so for a non US disc the Classic Grid Aviar was a disc to use. I bet PP putter is very close to a Classic Grid Aviar only PP putter as a slightly lower profile.

So I threw a round on my local 9 holer with both the PPPP and my first Luna, PPPP ended up +1, Luna was +5. PPPP only had a double bogey on a FTA tee shot. Birdied a 265' dead straight high ceiling hole after being past the pin. Late turn cost me a chance at metal. Almost drew metal with the Luna the next hole, but that darn guardian tree.

Overall the PPPP drives better for me, and even when wet had fantastic grip vs the cold hard Luna. I don't know if I'll be putting the PPPP but I definitely will be using it off the tee. Flies like a fresh ESP Comet, just a bit shorter.

I just received my test flight PP putter. holy cow it feels amazing. can't wait to throw it

How well does the PPPP hold a anhyzer turnover throw. . Will it hold the anhyzer line to the ground or will it fade out in the end?