• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally set my bag

tistoude

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have realized that my bag has not changed over the last 6 months and this lineup has treated me very well. Won a couple tournaments in Advanced and did decent in a couple in Open. Almost all of these discs are in the "beat in" category and I believe in using less discs for more, instead of having a separate disc for each shot. Feel free to tell me if you see a gap.

Drivers
171 Star X-Cal - Anny forehands and anything overhand
174 Champion X-Cal - My max distance driver forehand (420') and my BH meathook.
172 Pro Wraith - Good for Bh's that I want to finish with a decent fade. My longest BH
169 Star Sidewinder - This is my version of a teebird. Holds any line I put it on and lands soft. Can get it around 330' accurately
172 ESP Avenger SS - My hyzer flip/anny/BH Roller disc - this sees the least amount of use

Middies
173 DX Skeeter - my anny/touch midrange. Has great glide but release must be smooth.
174 FLX Buzzz - my allround middy
175 Glow Buzzz SS - like my FLX buzzz but farther
174 ESP Zone - My FH midrange (270' and under) or hyzer BH. Adding this disc took off at least 7 strokes per round around since I never threw a Mid FH until this one.

Putters
174 SSS VooDoo - Does literally everything, including roll away really far sometimes!
173 DX Aviar - this is 10 years old and is beat beyond recognition. I use it for anny shots and where I am worried about rollaways. This disc is seeing less and less use as I am becoming very confident in the VooDoo.

Looks like a really good line-up. My only question would be on the Skeeter. It seems like it works well for you but what happens when the release isn't smooth? Might consider a Comet of some other kind of middy like it as the Comet has great glide and is understable so it might fill that spot a little better. Just food for thought

I really don't use the Skeeter too much anymore and it will probably be the next disc to leave my bag. It did teach me a consistant, smooth release though. I tried throwing a Comet and I really don't like the rim for some reason. It flew well for me but I just hated the feel of it.

i would suggest a champion monster 165 and up for tomahawks and thumbers (unless the champ xcal will do it for you). This is a great toss to wind through trees, through over trees, bushes, elevation shots, or if you got a 300 and under toss in the wide open and need something to drop right in. once you get the thumber and tomahawk, you wont think the guys who do it cheat anymore!

If you liked the Comet, but not the rim, might want to try a Fuse. The consensus seems to be that it's a good fit for Buzzz throwers.

If the Skeeter is vacating the bag then try a Fuse. Smoooooooth understable mid, can handle power without getting squirrely or flippy.

buzzz ss should do the job just fine. and i agree with bdodson on the monster.

You might want to try an evo hpp voodoo as a more overstable ish driving putter,

I just picked one up, and I already had 9 voodoos, trust me, its worth it.

If you liked the Comet, but not the rim, might want to try a Fuse. The consensus seems to be that it's a good fit for Buzzz throwers.

If the Skeeter is vacating the bag then try a Fuse. Smoooooooth understable mid, can handle power without getting squirrely or flippy.

Count me in for the Fuse love. For you, I'd say that a lighter (~167-172) GL Fuse would be a great Skeeter replacement. Of course, you do have a DX Skeeter and that would get flippy pretty quickly, a Star Skeeter is a lot more forgiving. I liked a max weight gummy Star Skeeter the best.

I'd also consider dropping the A-SS for a really beat Sidewinder just to cut out a mold if possible.