• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firefly

I got "unofficial" conformation that Firefly is P2 clone.

That's disappointing but not surprising. I'm still holding out for a beadless aviar-x 3. Not to be confused with that poser aviarx3 that isn't actually based off the aviar mold.

Used the Firefly for my second tournament of the year and had only pitted with them for 2 days prior. I was very impressed by the feel and grip and well as the stability. It was around 40 for the first rd and 50 for the 2nd. I ended up winning my first B tier and rating 891 and 911 as a normal 850 player. The firefly was awesome and gave me chances I get i hadn't had before using the mcpro Avairs. I need to get a few more for more practice

I bag all Innova, made in the USA. I don't bag DX, all star and glow champ and their as tough as nails. Played with a new player a few months ago, He was playing with a 90s dx roc bought from the used bin and it was still flying great.

So Nexus is 'the plastic formerly known as McPro'?

I don't think so. Heard it described as very similar to Yeti Pro where McPro and KC are the same. The Innova Proshop describes the 2019 tour support Roc3s as "KC Glow material allows throwers to slowly season the disc into that "sweet spot" for the desired flight that will last many rounds."

Love the 2 I got for putting duties...but I would like 10 more...I want to see how they handle drives and approaches but don't want to kill the 2 I have since INnova is slow....

Bit of a bump. Whatever happened to this mold? Not hearing a thing about it, these days....

People keep demanding them on Facebook every time Innova drops something about tour series discs, and Innova keeps giving very teasing answers. I think they're really dropping the ball with this mold.

I'm starting to wonder if they are tinkering with the mold...they would rather be raking in the cash I'm sure.

Well, I guess I'll find out what Nexus plastic is like. I ordered a Firefly.

My wallet is furious with anger. :mad: Should be fun trying it out, though. :popcorn:

As I was walking out to go to the course, a box appeared at my doorstep. It was my Nexus Firefly. Naturally, I opened the box and put the Firefly in my bag for a tryout on the course.

The color is a nice shade of relatively light blue, though not the cyan of very light blue Innova discs. The stamp looks okay; not TOO noisy.

The Nexus plastic feels something like the very good XT plastic in the Bullfrog, the Infinite I-blend, and/or good Pro plastic. The plastic is a wee bit more firm than normal XT, is more firm than Yeti Pro, but less firm that KC Pro. For that matter, it's a little less firm than Classic/ZeroHard/BTHard and Gateway Soft and (firmer) Supersoft blends, as well.

I compared the Firefly to one of my P-line P2s. Both are unbeaded. The Firefly is a wee bit flatter, but otherwise very, very similar. However, my Firefly was NOT as (over)stable as my P2s. It's a very straight flying putter. In fact, I'm used to the Marshal, and a number of my Firefly putts went to the right, sometimes grazing the edge of the chains and sometimes missing for an airmailed putt. I'd have to work with this putter and get used to it, but I think it's a good putter for those who spin-putt.

I threw the Firefly a couple of times. One time was between holes, and I was throwing for accuracy, trying to hit a bench 100 ft. away. The Firefly flew really straight, then tailed off (faded) right at the end. I then threw it harder on a hole from over 150 ft. away, and it drifted just a little to the right (RHBH throw) and landed flat.

Overall, the Firefly has some decent qualities, and might be an improvement for some over other Innova putters.:thmbup: But don't count on it being a sensation like when McBeth threw the Luna 500+ feet... :popcorn:

Last edited:
It actually sounds really good. Definitely see why Nate would like the flight of a slightly less stable P2.

Did you try any forehands? If it's comfortable for that I might pick some up as possible P2 replacements

It actually sounds really good. Definitely see why Nate would like the flight of a slightly less stable P2.

Did you try any forehands? If it's comfortable for that I might pick some up as possible P2 replacements

I'm sure that a lot of people will really like it. It's not in my wheelhouse, but it's a good mold.

I did not throw any forehands with it, and only threw two backhands; everything else was putts. From it's P2-'ish' configuration, I'd imagine that anyone who throws P2s forehand and likes doing would not have any grip/bead issues with the Firefly. The flights might not be the same, of course...

I'm sure that a lot of people will really like it. It's not in my wheelhouse, but it's a good mold.

I did not throw any forehands with it, and only threw two backhands; everything else was putts. From it's P2-'ish' configuration, I'd imagine that anyone who throws P2s forehand and likes doing would not have any grip/bead issues with the Firefly. The flights might not be the same, of course...

I can't FH P2s for anything. I throw almost every disc in my bag FH except that mold. Too deep, high shoulder.

Latest posts