• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

I witnessed an ace yesterday. I was playing some local doubles action, and the casual player in front of us dropped in a big hyzer drive smack into the chains. He and his girlfriend were excited, and we all clapped for him. It was fun to see. Maybe someday I'll get to do that. :)

Since I started in '82 I have hit about 40 aces. I can't remember the first one, but I just got the first one on my new course here in Brady, Tx. This is the story I sent out: The date was 3-6-09'. The location Richards Park. The wind was from the south, gusting to 25 at times. The suspect was an old man pretending to be a former disc golf star. He had spent the previous 7 hours behind the wheel of Dodge Ram. The suspect was next seen at Richards Park Disc Golf Course. Two acomplisses, Kenny and April, were witnesses. After some putting practice on hole 12, the suspect, identified as Scarylarry, drew his accomplisses over to a nearby tree and suggested some practice throws. Scarylarry drew back his disc and threw a left to right floater. 270 feet away the basket awaited. The disc stayed in the basket until the suspect removed it. More accomplisses arrived and the group embarked on a 3 on 2 match. Playing a shortened course due to the impending darkness, Kenny and Scarylarry finally tied the match at -4 and went to hole 17 in near darkness. Having the all important box, Scarylarry threw first. The hole is wide open straight at the basket, but he threw a hyzer over the soccer field into the darkness. There was a moment, after it disappeared, of silence, then that beatiful sound of chains hitting pole and the ring of an ace. The suspect does not know what else to say except he hopes you get to have days like this too.

First ace (on a basket) was about 5-6 years after I started playing. Got it on hole 18 Alpharetta, Ga during a weekly scramble. It was probably a 200' or so shot, a little hyzer that went right in. That was back in 1988, don't know if the course is the same or what! I was playing with another newish player in my group, Brad Hammock. Immediately felt like every shot I threw after that would go right in the basket. (didn't work that way)

Ending nearly an 11 year dry spell, I aced #8 last night at Dubs !!!!!!!!!!!
Joralemon Park, Hole 8, 251 feet with 174 Champ Leopard

took home 100 bones plus first place $$ for the night too !!!!

Staying with the "First Ace" subject of this thread, it was my first ace in NY & my first ace OUTSIDE the state of Michigan..........

Last edited:
I had my first ace on #2 at Calvert in January after playing for 5.5 years. It was a short hole (from the red tees) and it was on a mulligan, but I still count it and retired the disc.

I had my first ace on #2 at Calvert in January after playing for 5.5 years. It was a short hole (from the red tees) and it was on a mulligan, but I still count it and retired the disc.
Hey, if it's important to you then that's the only opinion that matters. I think I'm going to be playing Calvert Road later this month while I'm in NoVa. It looks liek a fun little course.

Love The Ace

Got one on 3-31-09 first hole at Johnson State College 205 feet,Hammer Champion Monster 171.Second ever in 6 years.

First ace was at Churchville Park, hole 14. A pretty short hole, like 200', with a TeeBird. I had been playing about a year, and have had 2 in the next year.

My first and only was on a dogleg left shot on hole 11 at riverfront park, roseburg. i threw a dx destroyer and watched it go past a few trees and turned away thinking it would hit something... then it did! all chains baby :).... i coulda died then

So far I have had three and they were all within the first two years of playing. My first was hole 7 in Laporte Colorado. blind dogleg to the left. I didn't get to see the ace but I did hear the chains and to my suprise it was in the basket. My second was on the CSU campus when they had the course in the middle of campus. straight laser right into the chains. the third was at Eudora on the short hole on the front nine. for the past seven years I have been trying to get another one.

My one and only...

Was on my birthday last year on hole #7 @ Beaver Ranch in Conifer, CO. I knew it was gonna be close when I released and I can still picture the exact flight pattern, always brings a smile to my face. :D

#1 was at hole 10 at Evergreen (Santa Barbara) on 5 July 2003. Threw my CE Leopard on a hyzer line and as it went along, I waited for the time when I'd say to myself, "Nah, too short" or "Nah, too far" but I never said it and the next thing I knew, it spanked chains! What a rush!

#2 came a few years later in Oklahoma City (hole #4 at Dolese) - a short blind shot with the basket up on a mound. Heard the CHING and then a bunch of guys walking to the next tee started yelling, "It went it!"

No #3 yet ...

Happened just last Friday at Lakeview Park in Sarasota, FL. It was hole #8, about 260' over a canal with the hole a bit to the left. I threw my favorite Wasp and it started tracking beautifully. My buddy said, "that could go in." No sooner had he uttered the words when the sweet sound of the chains rang out and we started screaming like little school girls.

My first was about half a year after i learned the game. It was a really short hole at sweden park. Since then i have aced that hole one more time and the hole before it(which was a bullseye hole) once, which brings my total to three :)

My first ace was yesterday! Playing Jordan Creek in Whitehall, PA with a friend. Hole #7 which plays over a pond. We weren't sure if we wanted to play it due to fear of losing a disc. I'm thankful we did! Flicked a wraith right over and it looked like it had a shot. Then I hear a thunk and I think "Oh, it hit the side of the basket, I'll just set it in for a two." Then, the guys taking a smoke break at the #8 tee start yelling at me. I just thought that they thought it was a good drive, but after a little yelling back & forth, they said it was an ace. I really didn't believe it and was shocked. Sure enough, it was in the basket when I walked around the pond. The guys nearby said it basically just sat down into the basket, no chains!

First ace

I am a causal player and have been playing for a couple of years. Today a the local course playing a round, I came up to a short hole, only 150 feet but has a tight tunnel through the trees. I threw my first shot, a little to the left. I decided to throw another shot from the teepad and the slight hyzer shot went directly into the basket! My first ace! However, it was my second throw from the teepad, not my first. Does that count as an ace run and if so, how does that impact the value of my ace? Do you see it differently then if it was my first shot? I was just out for a casual day of discing, not keeping score. Either way, I finally got that first ace out of the way! Ready for more!

I have had 2. been playing 2 months. One at oak hill 2 dog leg left hit right in the chains boom. 2nd one was at crooked creek in a tourney a couple days ago.

Latest posts