• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

When and what course did you have your first disc golf ace?
How long from the time you first started playing the game till your first ace?
How many since then?
By the way,still waiting on mine!!

First and only one: 5/30/2009 @ Cedar Brook Elementary School: #1 - 147'
18 months from the first time I threw real disc golf discs at a basket.
Ace #2: 10/24/2009 @ MacGregor Park: #6 - 260'.
PDGA C-Tier sanctioned tournament. First throw of the second round.
Elite-Z Comet right up the middle.
$345 Ace Pot. :D

Played some of my worst disc golf of the year this past weekend, but that one throw made up for it all.
Ace #3 was an object ace.
1/30/2010 @ Jack Brooks Park - Cedar Hills: #17 - 321'.
Casual round with the guys who were in town from Illinois. We got to hole #17 only to find that the basket had been stolen, so one of the Illinois guys said to play object golf to the closest landmark which was the trash can (321') by picnic table: threw green 172 ESP Surge big hyzer over tree and nailed the trash can for first object golf ace.

Ace #4: 3/7/2010 @ Missouri City Community Park: #17 - 323'.
Hole #17 is on the alternate tee layout from the white bricks, plays to basket #7. Threw a 174 Champ Monarch anny line at the leftmost tree, it sneaked through the edge of the branches and rode the wind all the way to the chains.

^^^ Great Ace there ERicJ! A 323' ace gots to feel awesome! I think as the length of the hole gets longer, the value of the ace increases somewhat. That's not a Cubby ace for sure.

First Ace was at Twin Parks on their Parkshire course on 12-4-2009. Hole #18 306 ft with 175g Star Boss that I had bought that day, all chains. I had been playing disc golf for about 10 months. I just got my second ace the other night 3-4-2010 at Zilker Park on Hole #8 (side with cement pads) ~360 feet with the same Star Boss, about 20 witnesses for that one and it was all chains. Been playing now for about 13 months.

Dec 13, 2005 3:07 pm. Emerald Park; Mesa, AZ. Hole #3. 257' uphill, dog right behind some trees. Took me 19 yrs to get my 1st one...

2 more aces since. One LHBH and one RHBH

1/23/10 - Acorn Park in Roseville, MN - Fairway Freezer Tournament
RHBH and used a 172g Elite X Stratus.
You can view the hole here: http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=acorn&h=14

How long from the time you first started playing the game till your first ace?

Nine years. I was a very casual rec player until the fall of 2009. This was also my first tournament so it was a great combination (first tourney + first ace).

How many since then?

None, but like many others a few bounce outs.

Last edited:
I had my first ace about 5 months after I started playing at Knob Hill hole #2 with a Flick. After that I had a pretty good run of about 1 per month for 4 months. I am up to 6 now (2 years playing), evenly split between RHBH and RHFH.

1/23/10 - Acorn Park in Roseville, MN - Fairway Freezer Tournament
RHBH and used a 172g Elite X Stratus.
You can view the hole here: http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=acorn&h=14

Got my first ace on 1/23/10 as well. Threw an 173g SSS Wizard 205' on close pin loc, hole 7 at Westmoreland Park, Eugene OR, just floated home. Awesome feeling!

My last ace was a few months ago at Buckhorn #8. Thank god it hit the basket because if it didn't it would have been in the lake. I threw it way too hard.

Nice job. I have hit that cage about 5 times. I have also donated about 5 discs to the lake behind it. And on top of all that I have taken some serious bark off those trees. I keep thinking that will be the hole I ace, but not yet. I am shooting for hole #11. Then I can pump my chest and brag. But I can barley reach it right now so an ace is a real long shot. Oh well, I can dream.

My first ace came on hole number 15 of the old tunnel course at Kensington in Michigan. It happened in the first year that I was playing, 1998, and I had one witness. I threw a stratus and it began to turn right just as I thought I was going to nail the tree that stands ten feet left and back from the basket. As chance would have it our group of friends had deemed that hole as the "six pack hole". Any aces were to receive a six pack from all witnesses. My buddy had a hard time getting that six pack too, seeing as how we were 16:D

I got what you might call a Cubbie Ace last week. I can't remember what day it was, but I was playing at my home course in Cobb County, GA. The 18th hole is a nice short, technical hole. It's only about 200', with tall trees left, right, and center, and a creek running down the right side of the middle of the fairway the whole way. Winter flooding has caused erosion to the point that the basket itself is only about 2' from a steep 3' bank down into the water. Most players I know tee off on this hole with putters, but I like to tomahawk a fairway driver. I was just out for a recreational round by myself, so I decided to try a couple of new lines on the fairway to see if I could put it a little closer to the basket without putting it in the water. I kind of liked the line I threw on my first hole, so I made a little adjustment with my second disc and tomahawked it into the basket. I had witnesses on an adjacent hole, and they were impressed, but I had to admit it was my second throw. I'll keep throwing that line, and keep hoping for the "real thing." Until then, it's nice to have had the excitement. :)

First ace!!!!

Finally after three years of playing, hitting metal numerous times, the elusive first ace happened for my yesterday. I was playing a course in Colorado and on the 18th tee, the magic happened. I threw a Star TL pretty much straight on and it headed for the basket, looked good and then went right in! It didn't slam the chains like I thought it would, but almost like a putt, nice and easy. It was a par three, 322 foot hole. I jumped around and yelled like a little kid. It was awesome!

1st ace was at Griggs Reservoir #13, April 2007, Discraft Z X2 , 253'
I had been playing about a year and a half.
Ace total is up to 12 now.

1st ace 1 year into playing my dad and i walked up to the shortest hole on the course he looked at me and said what will you give me if i ace this i said 100$ he missed i looked at him asked the same thing he said 100$ i steped up hyzered my esp buzz right into the basket he had the money in his pocket

my first ace was at liberty park it was on hole 3 188 ft with a star destroyer at that time that was as far as i could throw things are alot different now i play advance at la mirada disc golf course in california but when i got my first ace i had only been about 3 months into the sport but now i have 26 aces some short and some long but its been a blast the whole way through:clap:

Latest posts