• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

f7ffd2e906b1cf8e344ff12cb78190eadefbb587ac86531cd6000a183e67911f.jpg

I like scrambled eggs. Or sunny side up, with some toast to sop up the yolky goodness.

Look, you're like my number three best friend on this forum. I don't want to fight.

We can move on if you'll just admit you were wrong and publicly apologize for your aggressive behavior.

And...

You were wrong and will never speak to me like that as long as you live.

Say it, you'll feel better.

You guys have been at this for a while, time to abolish the friendship :wall:

OR

Get this bro-mance, man-love party started! Time to decide who is wearing the ***-less chaps :eek: !

Also, I like my eggs over well for the most part. Then every now and then I will get them sunny side up and hit it with the toast :D.

Finally I guess my first Ace does not count as well at 243', and my next was a beautiful low ceiling shot on a 288' hole, so no 300' club for me...:p.

Yeah, sorry no aces.

We improved this thread by at least 30%.

Ain't nobody want to hear stories about disc golf aces anyway. It's like when some guy starts telling you about a dream or his fantasy football team. Unbearale.

Yeah, sorry no aces.

We improved this thread by at least 30%.

Ain't nobody want to hear stories about disc golf aces anyway. It's like when some guy starts telling you about a dream or his fantasy football team. Unbearale.

Is there any leeway if I threw my first Ace on my birthday last year AND I did lay in bed the night before and think of Ace-ing the very same hole I hit...

Good question, but you wasted a birthday wish.

I did now Wish on my ACE, I just visualized it...I never "Wish" for anything, you bring out the bad juju when you wish for things...especially when being selfish or greedy... Remember the story, "The Monkeys Paw" ?

4 years into the game I hit my first, three months later 2 in one week. 2 years ago was my forth ace. In the last two years I have hit cage no less than 20 times. I have a feeling I'm due for one or two soon.

I hardly remember my first ace, but the ace I most remember was when I was 30, and she was 19 (and hot and Texan and boobalicious), and I'll never forget that ace. Ever. I may go think about it now.

I started in June of 05, first ace in Jan of 06. Pure luck. I didn't even know where the basket was. Hole 13 Sylmar in the short right position with a 169g DX Roc that I still have.

My first ace was in 1996 at Lansing, MI's Grand Woods Park, #16 with a yellow (almost orange) 171g Whippet. Nobody was around to witness it, but I can close my eyes and put myself right there!

How long had I been playing? Well...I may have been playing since 1989 before that, but it was sparingly. In the early days I almost never saw others on my home course (Oxbow Park, Goshen, IN) and had no idea how to properly throw a Disc. It was me and my Stingray with little 150' forehands and that was about it. I spent 4 years at Ball State where there was no course anywhere close to me from '91-'95. I did occasionally throw my Discs around the quad at trees where people mostly just gave funny looks. I had a Stingray, a Chains Aviar, and a Roc. I left the Whippet and Viper at home. Couldn't throw them.

When we moved to Michigan State for my wife's grad school, though, somebody told me about Grand Woods the following April (this is before everybody was online all the time...I had to hear about it through word of mouth!). It was SO much more fun and less brutally punishing than Oxbow (remember, Oxbow was made to be EASIER for the '96 worlds; it used to be unbelievably perilous), plus there were lots of good players at Grand Woods and a club (Capital City Renegades) so I learned how to play better. I was hooked and was there almost every day.

1989 was my first year, but I consider 1996 to be my Disc Golf rebirth and the first "modern" year of play for me.

My 2nd ace was also in 1996 at Grand Woods (#15). With a Barracuda...