• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Thanks everyone. I had actually forgotten that it was my 1500th review until Wolfhaley brought it to my attention. But I'm really a little more excited to have bagged my 30th and final major league ballpark here in Milwaukee.

How can you tell that I'm getting old? A couple of years ago, I would have let my wife fly home today by herself and I would have stayed here in Milwaukee with it's multitude of courses. But instead, I played just two Milwaukee courses and I will fly home today with the wife. It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!

It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!
Slacker!:p

In May-June 2021 I spent about 6 weeks near San Diego and played every CA course south of an east-west line through Oceanside, as well as a few scattered courses in other areas to the north. Almost every course that I went to had been reviewed by TVK. And back when I was completing playing Virginia (2018-2020) the same thing happened at tons of little remote dinkers in the boonies of southwest VA. TVK has been everywhere! I want to get some signs or stickers printed that say "The Valkyrie Kid" was here. That would actually be really cool to see on a course bulletin board or on the pole of the 1st tee. (The same goes for Derek Tonn, Deke Guff or any of the other Top 10 course collectors.)

^I like that idea. I can also imagine the conversation between our super baggers and local authorities:

Officer: Get back over here! You're defacing public property!

TVK: But officer, these guys on a website told me to do it. Don't you know I'm (internet) famous?

Officer: So, you're one of them influencers?

TVK: Yeah, yeah, DGCR influencer!!

Officer #2: I think it's like tik-toc or something.

TVK: Yeah, just like tik-toc, but for old guys.

Officer: I'm going to let you off with a warning, but don't let me catch you back here...

TVK: Thanks officer, don't worry, I've already bagged all the courses in the area. You won't see me 'round here again. *hustles to his car*

Officer #2: Bagged?

Officer: Beats me. Let's go get a coffee.

Can anybody on here make those little oval stickers with the black line border? If I can get some that say "TVK" I will put them up at courses he's reviewed ahead of me.

Thanks everyone. I had actually forgotten that it was my 1500th review until Wolfhaley brought it to my attention. But I'm really a little more excited to have bagged my 30th and final major league ballpark here in Milwaukee.

How can you tell that I'm getting old? A couple of years ago, I would have let my wife fly home today by herself and I would have stayed here in Milwaukee with it's multitude of courses. But instead, I played just two Milwaukee courses and I will fly home today with the wife. It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!

:( I would have loved to meet up!

God, Mike, I really wish I would have had the time to hook up with you and Wolfhaley, too. Since this wasn't just a bagging trip and being with the wife, I had to keep her happy. In retrospect, I probably should have let her fly home and then stayed and bagged for a week or so.

And I would 've liked to see the Harley Museum too.

Sorry I missed you pal.

TVK

God, Mike, I really wish I would have had the time to hook up with you and Wolfhaley, too. Since this wasn't just a bagging trip and being with the wife, I had to keep her happy. In retrospect, I probably should have let her fly home and then stayed and bagged for a week or so.

And I would 've liked to see the Harley Museum too.

Sorry I missed you pal.

TVK

:( I would have loved to meet up!

I'd be ecstatic to play with either of you legends of course bagging. I'm a nobody in that regard. TVK, I have my eye on Portland soon hopefully, and Washington is right there...😁

Mike, I'm just up the road a little. It'd be amazing to play a round or two and pick your brain a little bit. Let's make this happen. 👍

I'd be ecstatic to play with either of you legends of course bagging. I'm a nobody in that regard. TVK, I have my eye on Portland soon hopefully, and Washington is right there...😁

Mike, I'm just up the road a little. It'd be amazing to play a round or two and pick your brain a little bit. Let's make this happen. 👍

Hit me up. I currently do not schedule myself in my store mondays or wednesdays so that i can play a little, work part time at Brown Deer Park DG course, and do other things. I am in my store 12-6 T Th and F for sure. I also havent taken a roadtrip yet this spring so im about to do that some upcoming weekend just not the next 3 weekends.

Hit me up. I currently do not schedule myself in my store mondays or wednesdays so that i can play a little, work part time at Brown Deer Park DG course, and do other things. I am in my store 12-6 T Th and F for sure. I also havent taken a roadtrip yet this spring so im about to do that some upcoming weekend just not the next 3 weekends.

Will do next time I'm down that way. If you ever make it up to the Marshfield/Point area let me know. :thmbup:

Congrats to Pizza God for FINALLY getting 2,000 positive votes. It only took him 433 reviews and 13 years to get there. Here's hoping the next 2K votes are earned more easily.

Well, I have not been doing very good on the reviews lately, think I am about a year behind. I finally caught up on most of the pictures I have taken of the courses and finally hit the Diamond level pic uploader.

To tell the truth, my business has been booming. I am lucky to get a day off, but the rest of the week I am working, and these days I don't get much down time when I am at work. (that is where I do most of my computer stuff) Tonight I just happened to read this thread and catch this one.

Mostly I was looking to make sure ChainedEvil didn't pass me up in Oklahoma. He just played several new courses I didn't even know about. Looks like I need to make a quick trip to the OKC area and clean up some courses.

you might be surprised, the TR medal definitely does draw more eyes. and you begin taking advantage of the people who always sort reviews for TRs only.
congrats
just over a year later & i've made silver, thought it would take longer; i'm guessing gold will. i owe it to becoming more of a course bagger & playing courses w/o reviews to get them at least 1 review; also my caliber review got me a lot of votes cuz it's in the top 10 on the homepage

Last edited:
Congratulations to Thrembo on hitting Diamond Today. Pretty cool to have it happen right after an Idlewild review. :clap: That's like hitting a homerun for your 3000th hit

Thanks! Yes very cool. It has been a great day. I'm humbled and honored to join such a prestigious group of reviewers and baggers.

Added to the TR spreadsheet sir! 50th Diamond Trusted seems like a cool benchmark, as well. Looking forward to playing with you sometime around your new home area!

Thanks! Would love to get a round in with you.

Thanks! Yes very cool. It has been a great day. I'm humbled and honored to join such a prestigious group of reviewers and baggers.

Long time coming but absolutely well deserved :hfive:. It's kind of odd seeing Hamilton OH listed as your location now. Your plate is full of new courses to bag and review now, and some real nice one's at that :thmbup: