• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] First disc you owned two of?

That was along time ago but if I remember correctly I got two Eagles. The Eagle was my main driver when I started out but I no longer carry any in my bag. First discs I cycled were Rocs.

dx gazelle, for sure

i was buying brand new DX plastic for $8 shipped each from a guy on ebay and we'd pick all the different discs. when we got to the gazelle, i bought 5 of them from him the next time.

Wham-O 86 Softie, and Midnight Flyers. I mowed lawns all summer back in 1990 to get these. I was behind the times by about seven years (Innova and Discraft, and Lightning I believe had already emerged as forced to be reckoned with) but I bought three 86 Softies and two Midnight Flyers so i could keep up with my dad and his friends. Midnight Flyers aren't really golf discs, but Softies sure were.

my first was leopards, then challengers, then buzzzes, then magnets, and then it became commonplace for me.

Its a three way tie.
When I decided to take the game more seriously, I was doing a lot of field work. I wanted to become very familiar with three disc. So I bought a mach lite disc golf basket, 3 jk aviar putters, 3 champion wraiths, and 2 pro leopards. About a year later, and I still have all in the bag today. I was doing a lot of research on the internet about having the same disc in different stages of wear and that is what I wanted to accomplish. Now I have a flippy wraith, stable wraith, and one that is on the overstable side.

Initially thought, kudos to anybody who can recall the answer to this question... then realized t'was Roc for me. Beast was second.

A Leopard. I found a Champion Leopard September of last year and have loved it ever since. Outside of getting a DX one in my DD mystery box, I am waiting on a large Factory Second order from Innova I split with a friend. I'm getting both a KC Pro and a GStar one. How similar will these fly to my Champion one?