• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First video critique

MNthrow

Par Member
I've played for about 10 years. Most of it casually with friends just killing time. In the last years I've worked on form and technique. Here are my drives. I hit around 275 with accuracy, but would like to get other views of where I could clean up my form. Thanks!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9lD59JbZfJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reach back with better separation between your elbow and chest (disc will be about 2' further to the left rear corner of the teepad in relation to your body). Then you'll be able to pull the disc down a straight line toward the target.

While you're releasing the lower arm, your spine should be bracing against your front side. Right now you're overheaved past your front foot.

Your arm is coming through too fast, it seems. Like you're missing part of the backswing.

I'd suggest working from a standstill, or using a simple 1 step drop step, and think about throwing from a stable platform (lower body).

This was posted on my thread, but it applies to you also.

Your weight(upper body) is over-heaved or too far beyond bracing, it shifts from way back to way forward.
danwillrb_zps83963086.jpg

danwillfinish_zps1420e087.jpg

This is one of the worst camera angles and it's
v
e
r
t
i
c
a
l,
and yeah you are curling the arm around the disc a bit in the backswing and then pulling early, before your weight transfers to the front foot. The x-step behind is too deep and you get stuck with your weight on the heel, and your rear knee is way out of posture behind the rear foot. Stay off the rear heel and don't try to lean away from the target. Let your weight transfer from behind you in a closed stance to the front leg and then throw. Working on snap from a standstill or one step will help things faster.

Read:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13291

Thanks for the tips. I had my wife record, she flipped the camera for some reason. I will work on these and also put up my FH on the next go around too.

Latest posts