• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flash Vs. AvengerSS

How does the Avenger SS' flight change in different plastics?

For me the Z is more stable than the ESP. They are both under stable but at the end of the flight the Z will tend to Fad back for you while the ESP will not. They both have a place but I usualy use my Z more than the ESP. I dont know about the Cristal Z.

AvengerSS ESP is different from the Crystall Avenger SS. The ESP is for making exceptional tight but longer anhyzer shot up to 200 feet. Very tricky disc to use. The Crystal is much more over stable.

The flash is a great disc for going str8 or getting off long distance anyhyzer shots...I would find an esp the was fairly flat or beatin in.

My true recommendation for turnover shots of major distance would be to use like a Champion Beast if you want speed. For a little more stablilty, I would go with a SurgeeSS Z. I even like usuing beat in champion Valkyries.

To get the best overall turnover disc, I would go with a stalker and plenty of controlled snap. The disc will land under control/soft so this is why I really like using it over the others.

avenger ss will make a fast roller. you might have to crank it good to get a consistent roller with the flash.

This +1.

I carry one in the bag for backhand rollers. If you want a good disc for long turnover shots, I would recommend a broken in Valkyrie. The used bin at play it again sports always has a crappy beat up dx valk for a couple bucks. That'll do nicely.

I say boy, the Beast is not as blunt on the tip and the wing is straighter compared to the Orc and Flash. The tip and wing on the Flash and Orc is nearly identical. Also look at Joe's flight chart and the numbers of the Flash and Orc are nearly identical, the Beast is close, but not as close.

This is the truth, brother-man. I've thrown both and like them both. I like my Orcs a little bit more b/c they are a little more stable, but the two are almost identical and interchangable. A beat Orc for me is straight to slightly flippy, a beat Flash is a little flippy to super anny disc. IMO both are great discs.

If you want a good disc for long turnover shots, I would recommend a broken in Valkyrie. The used bin at play it again sports always has a crappy beat up dx valk for a couple bucks. That'll do nicely.
I'll second this. It doesn't get much better than a broken in Valk for long turnovers.