• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] For open upshots, which disc and line do you choose to throw?

no one said its the only shot for approach. Its just the easiest shot to take no matter the disc, condition, skill level etc. Why try to do something that is not natural to the flight of a disc when the finish placement is the most important part?

That is my WHOLE point in this thread.

Well, for the beginners he's instructing in the video, who likely have problems with everything fading out early, maybe not. Maybe they can't easily get it there on a hyzer. And with discs like the Stiletto and Enforcer?...?? Ya kidding? Have you thought about that?

Any number of videos are out there promoting shots other than hyzers, for drives and approach. You need all shots, so what's the point of believing that hyzers are the way to go 99% of the time? That's just not reality, despite that one video.

Hyzers remind me of side hill putts. Gotta know the speed and the break.

Ya, pretty much a necessity when laying up on a hillside.

Otherwise you run or hyzer. If you dont have the line you might have to thread straight or anhyzer which is also pretty reliable without wind, and if you're in the trees you're usually somewhat sheltered.

you're always welcome to throw a lower percentage shot Thin, but at that point it comes off like you're defending a crutch. Learning to throw high percentage shots and knowing when to pick them will help anyone's game. That and throwing a Truth on almost every tee.

You should look at how many of your 500 something posts are in this thread and then go outside and throw a hyzer.

Ya, pretty much a necessity when laying up on a hillside.

Otherwise you run or hyzer. If you dont have the line you might have to thread straight or anhyzer which is also pretty reliable without wind, and if you're in the trees you're usually somewhat sheltered.

you're always welcome to throw a lower percentage shot Thin, but at that point it comes off like you're defending a crutch. Learning to throw high percentage shots and knowing when to pick them will help anyone's game. That and throwing a Truth on almost every tee.

You should look at how many of your 500 something posts are in this thread and then go outside and throw a hyzer.

You don't know what you're talking about.

no one said its the only shot for approach. Its just the easiest shot to take no matter the disc, condition, skill level etc. Why try to do something that is not natural to the flight of a disc when the finish placement is the most important part?

That is my WHOLE point in this thread.

Can I have your Theory's? :D

yeah I thought this thread had potential, nevertheless I'm most comfortable approaching with a classic blend suspect 176 RHFH….in wide open then with anny right to left finishing flat when it hits the chains, I can use tip up technique to gain touch inside 100 feet consistently

Latest posts