• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

What's the difference between sparkle and legend? How about the stability of sparkle and legend compared to icon and pinnacle?

I'm really late to the game here.

Anybody seen a nemesis less than 170g?

Anyone tried a "bleeder"? Do they stain terrible?

If my main distance driver is a 161 star tern (350 tops) do I have any business trying a light outlaw or 171 nemesis?

If you could find a light 2nd run icon outlaw or perhaps light, lavender 1st run pinnacle outlaw it would compliment your tern, but probably not replace it.

The Nemesis have been pretty understable from what I've read, and if you trust your form it's possible to hyzer flip a mongoose a loooong ways. The downside is it can go the wrong way a looooong ways as well. I still have my terns for distance but the outlaws are great at what they do as well. Icon plastic feels absolutely amazing in the outlaws as well.

What's the difference between sparkle and legend? How about the stability of sparkle and legend compared to icon and pinnacle?

I'm really late to the game here.

Anybody seen a nemesis less than 170g?

Anyone tried a "bleeder"? Do they stain terrible?

If my main distance driver is a 161 star tern (350 tops) do I have any business trying a light outlaw or 171 nemesis?

I think sparkles makes everything more stable perhaps a touch firmer. I've found color has a fair amount to do with stability and legend tends to take a lot of abuse to then age slowly once well seasoned. Everything eventually beats in but that just opens up different lines:thmbup:

This winter I'm putting two silver legend rivals back in my winter bag. A fresher one to cover my most beat champ teebird laser beam flight and a third winter seasoned silver legend to cover my lightly seasoned QJLS , go straight and far without flipping and tight s-curve into a headwind.

I've got a bleeder orange rampage and any disc it touches will have a dyed ring after a day or so. This summer I was throwing that Rampage around 450', its got great grip but sometimes when I'm trying too hard it'll go anywhere.

You need a light wt. outlaw... for distance headwinds or sidearms. Besides, we all need something in our line up that pushes us past that 350' plateau. Lastly, I think the Patriot, Phenom, and Mongoose are more popular than the Nemesis around here for turning drivers.

Steve Rico and the boys at Legacy sent me a Christmas Mystery Box!!! I was beyond stunned and left speechless! I know of two others who received them as well! Couldnt afford to buy the mystery box and then this thing shows up to my door on Christmas Eve!!!?? What a comp..i mean family! #playwithconfidence

While we're sorta on the subject of stability of plastics, those of you with experience with Legacy Glow, how do they compare to Icon and Pinnacle in particular? Glow, from what I've read, tends to be more OS for most companies, same for Legacy? Got a Glow Cannon coming, curious if it'll up-beef my Icon Cannon (that's more OS than any of my Rampages) or settle in between that Cannon and couple of the lighter weight ones.

While we're sorta on the subject of stability of plastics, those of you with experience with Legacy Glow, how do they compare to Icon and Pinnacle in particular? Glow, from what I've read, tends to be more OS for most companies, same for Legacy? Got a Glow Cannon coming, curious if it'll up-beef my Icon Cannon (that's more OS than any of my Rampages) or settle in between that Cannon and couple of the lighter weight ones.

The only glow I've thrown is the clutch. Compared to my protege and icon plastic I think they're more stable. Maybe it's just me but the new protege blend thats out there for clutch's are super stable. I dont remember the last time my clutch flexed out on a 220ft shot or had a very strong fade on a 260ft shot that landed 30 ft left of the basket.

Have you tried the clear/gummy anniversary rampages? I don't have a booming arm, but that blend makes its very os, more so than any beefy 1st or 2nd run pin laws I've thrown.

^thats awesome Ian! What'd ya get?

What's up with all the 1st run protege ghost on eBay? Are those the softer protege? Where do y'all get your protege ghost?

^thats awesome Ian! What'd ya get?

What's up with all the 1st run protege ghost on eBay? Are those the softer protege? Where do y'all get your protege ghost?

Got an all sparkle/grinder box! All of these are sparkle with full size grinder stamp : Silver Outlaw, Silver Cannon, Blue Nemesis, Red Nemesis, Gold Prowler, Gold Enemy and then a blue sparkle Clutch with Crescent stamp (no grinder)

Got an all sparkle/grinder box! All of these are sparkle with full size grinder stamp : Silver Outlaw, Silver Cannon, Blue Nemesis, Red Nemesis, Gold Prowler, Gold Enemy and then a blue sparkle Clutch with Crescent stamp (no grinder)

Pics or it did not happen :D !

Guess I'm asking, are there any other protege ghosts besides first run yellows and Halloween orange?

Yeah they make White, Yellow, Pink and Blue Protege Ghosts. I have thrown Yellow, White and Blue and love them all. I currently have blue in the bag. I havent thrown Pink but i know a few that love them.

Yeah they make White, Yellow, Pink and Blue Protege Ghosts. I have thrown Yellow, White and Blue and love them all. I currently have blue in the bag. I havent thrown Pink but i know a few that love them.

Where do you find them? Maybe my internet skillz are lacking. All I can find are yellows (which is fine, I just like white).

Just adding to the conversation: I'm loving my Icon Patriot. Plastic is very nice, and the disc flies straight/slightly understable and has been great on technical courses where I need just a bit of turnover. It will be interesting to see how the Icon plastic seasons in and what lines the disc will fly as it does season in...

Where do you find them? Maybe my internet skillz are lacking. All I can find are yellows (which is fine, I just like white).

Nvmd guys, sorry for all the questions. I am actually finding my answers from reading this thread.:| Looks like 1st run yellow protege ghost might be all that are available.

Latest posts