• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Funny, I just bought some 5year Cannons after seeing the overstability in the test video they released...maybe I can cover my overstable maxD shots with a "-3, 3" mold. Haven't gotten a chance to throw them yet but the PLH is noticeably higher than my one Legend and 10ish 168 aqua Pinnacles.

Again, shameless "please hook me up with a Pinnacle Clutch" request.

Hey guys, I'm slowly getting my outlaws cycled. I have a red FR, white SR pinn, and purple legend. The red FR used to be unusably OS now it's perfect, the white SR is new and OS, and the purple is straighter/good for forehand. What I'm still looking for is a bomber, maybe in lighter weight but I have a good amount of power, so still has to be OS. And i'm also looking for a nice flip up and ride outlaw. Any suggestions for me?

I might get a patriot to season in as a predictable roller. What do you think? Also, how is the clutch such a great putter :)

Hey guys, I'm slowly getting my outlaws cycled. I have a red FR, white SR pinn, and purple legend. The red FR used to be unusably OS now it's perfect, the white SR is new and OS, and the purple is straighter/good for forehand. What I'm still looking for is a bomber, maybe in lighter weight but I have a good amount of power, so still has to be OS. And i'm also looking for a nice flip up and ride outlaw. Any suggestions for me?

I have had a lot of success with the flip up and ride Outlaw shot with the new swirly Icons. The one I have and the other one I borrowed are much more workable than most of the Outlaws I have picked up. Great forward glide and not too much stability for my (admittedly mediocre) power.

I might get a patriot to season in as a predictable roller. What do you think? Also, how is the clutch such a great putter :)

It will take a LOT of seasoning, I'd recommend starting with something more understable. Patriots are very TL-esque

Clutch rocks because it's a Magnet clone.

YES I SAID CLONE GUYYYYZZZ. Get the pitchforks.

Can anyone here tell me about the rival? I'm looking to test it against my explorer would just like to hear your opinion s first. Thanks all.

Rival is like a very slightly more os teebird, and I think legacy's plastic feels better. It is a fantastic disc

I recently started trying Legacy. Started with a Bandit and a Mongoose, now over half my bag is legagy. I'm still learning which plastics i like the best, but icon and gravity seem to be my favorites but I have not thrown pinnacle yet.

My Legacy discs are Clozer, Hunter (a favorite) 2xGauge (a favorite), 2xGhost, Nemesis (a favorite), Mongoose, Patriot and Bandit. My bag is quickly becoming all Legacy.

Holds up pretty descently. There are definitely better discs, but mine hold up more than my teebirds for sure

They need a low profile putter like the Pure/Atom. I haven't clicked with any of their putters.

Holds up pretty descently. There are definitely better discs, but mine hold up more than my teebirds for sure

It depends on the Rival and the Teebird. The AJ star Teebirds are pretty OS, I preferred the mellower flight of the E* Teebirds, which are of course OOP.

The new firm, clear Pinnacle Rival is the beefiest I've thrown, probably a true 0/2, no turn off the shelf. The older pearly Pinnacles I have are probably -.5/1.5 off the shelf. Icon starts fairly OS but beats in pretty quick. Might be a good thing for a mold minimalist.

Legacy plastic is sweet, the colors on the new Pinnacle are not ideal for visibility. I'm bagging a couple of FDs for S/US and an Undertaker for more OS fairway so no Rival in the bag currently.

I throw a pure, love it. As far as putters fonin general I putt the Dagger it's about to get swapped out for the wizard. And may be looking for a more cyable OS style low pro putter pro putter to cycle.

I'm using a thrower 11x and fresh dx teebird. My rival is pinnacle honey bee run (crystal clear)

How does it hold up in headwinds.

I have one sparkle rival that is AJ teebird overstable. All of my others (icon, stuff pinnacle) are pretty mellow, similar to older star teebirds. Backhand they are nearly identical to teebirds for me. Really solid HSS. Forehand I find that teebirds handle bad form and torque a little better. I think rivals are slightly taller and not as flat as well. I'm my experience, explorers, teebirds, and rivals are all interchangeable, with slight differences in stability here and there depending on plastic. For me it comes down to plastic preference, and I'm really digging the opto explorer at the moment.

I have one sparkle rival that is AJ teebird overstable. All of my others (icon, stuff pinnacle) are pretty mellow, similar to older star teebirds. Backhand they are nearly identical to teebirds for me. Really solid HSS. Forehand I find that teebirds handle bad form and torque a little better. I think rivals are slightly taller and not as flat as well. I'm my experience, explorers, teebirds, and rivals are all interchangeable, with slight differences in stability here and there depending on plastic. For me it comes down to plastic preference, and I'm really digging the opto explorer at the moment.
As am I. I may just try to grab another explorer in absolutely max weight the one I have though, is 172 (I throw 174 almost everything) idk just seeing what's out there. Thanks.

This is the beauty of disc golf. As it happens a lot of shots in disc golf are dead strait and naturally every manufacturer has an offering for that slot. I'm sure the opto explorer is a super great point and shoot disc but personally I've found Opto a little too soft for my liking. It's got great grip but opto sacrifices too much HSS for its flexibility. I love my rivals and teebirds because they don't have a wiggle, maybe some roll, before they lock in on their final line. I've found opto losses HSS first so they develop a s-turn where I prefer my rivals that lose their LSS first while maintaining HSS to make for stable straight fliers.

Anyways, I support the Rico bros who have played at the highest level and are trying to continue their love by providing top quality product. They support DG and make amazing molds in tip top sexy plastics so they get a fair chance at my bag.

On yeah interchangeable... these are my gotos depending on the course.

My current fairway tourney stack for least to most stable:
QJLS
Legend Patriot
11x KCPro Teebird
Legend Rival
Glow EagleX
Pinnacle Patriot
QJLS
Pinnacle Rival
11x CAL Teebird
CE Eagle
Opto Longbowman
11x Firebird
11xFirebird

A lot of overlap there but I throw what I want.

For the Love Legacy post #2000

Latest posts