• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I'm looking for a perfectly stable champ TB. Anyone know of a nice super straight run? Under $25 please.

They're all super straight eventually. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a Teebird (especially Champion) that is perfectly stable brand new.

I see what you're saying. Basically I want one that is almost flat but has a bit dome to it.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99614

Check out the profile pics halfway down. These are the new run of Teebirds in the Jolly launcher plastic, and i think this is what you want. All good teebirds start out O/S and you have to beat the fade out of the disc, then it will be straight as an arrow for a long time.

Loving my new 155g champ Teebird. Should pair nicely with the beefster JL and regular star I keep in my bag. That is all.

I'm looking for a perfectly stable champ TB. Anyone know of a nice super straight run? Under $25 please.

Try a mid 150's champ tee bird. Flatter the better. I think you'll find that you have more control over the disc too. 150 fairways are very underrated I think.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99614

Check out the profile pics halfway down. These are the new run of Teebirds in the Jolly launcher plastic, and i think this is what you want. All good teebirds start out O/S and you have to beat the fade out of the disc, then it will be straight as an arrow for a long time.

Thanks for the Plug Danny!
Yeah I've thrown our birds for a full round and while they aren't quite Brinster beefy, I really got on them w/ 350+ of power and they flew pretty straight with a moderate fade. They didn't turn though which for me is the most important. The plastic on those were also incredibly grippy. The firebirds feel very similar too.

Yeah, I was really eying those teebirds you got. Then they sold out in like a day and a half.

I may have a few more that we gave to our sponsored local that he is going to give back to me........I really hope he does bc locals just don't enjoy these babies as much as my friends online.

Our next Innova order is going to have to have more of those. I myself only bought one and I wish I had a stack of the chartreuse ones. They're so sick.

Ok so can someone help me understand something that is likely obvious :)

What is with the PDGA site not including a regular Teebird on the list? Is it not a PDGA approved disc? Why would anyone tell me to get used to throwing it if I couldn't use it in tournaments and stuff?? I saw a CE Teebird is ok but I don't have those kinds of dollars to spend on vintage Teebirds. Maybe I just am missing something obvious about PDGA rules regarding discs in general? Does a Teebird L mean anything versus a regular Teebird?

Sorry for such a newbie question in a random thread about Teebirds.

don't worry

you can use your teebird in a tournament

TL is teebird long

Thanks. I just didn't see it on the list as I honestly had never taken a good look at it before. Some thread in here was talking about some discs being illegal because they are too stiff or too soft or something. Then I didn't see a Teebird when I was looking through and was like what the heck haha. I don't plan on getting super into tournaments but if I do I'd like to be able to play conservatively with a couple Teebirds in the bag.

Thunderbird 176.0 21.2 1.5 1.1 17.8 1.7 5.2 29.25 7.83 99-06 05/03/99

They changed the name after to Teebird.

im a stalker thrower. i love the slim profile on em. such as no dome really. great for flicks when needed and feels great to backhand. teebird seems like more of a time tested disc. and the stalker has that weird small bead...

what non OOP teebirds would be the best if i was lookin for a flat one. star champ dx? whats the scoop? mild to no dome pref. might have to try one out