• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Current run Champ Teebirds are pretty domey as well as Star plastic. You can find some that are a little less domey but they are far from flat. Echo Stars are my favorite they have a mild dome and start off nice and stable like a good Teebird should. The plastic is also pretty nice it's fairly grippy and just as durable as regular Star.

Shameless plug, but I have an old pre-flight #s stock stamp echo teebird if anyone is down...

Loving my new 155g champ Teebird. Should pair nicely with the beefster JL and regular star I keep in my bag. That is all.

I just grabbed a 158 champ TeeBird myself. I was wondering about the durability of the lighter plastic. Have you noticed faster wear than full weight TeeBirds ?

So I have recently (this last season) gone back to teebirds after giving up on them temporarily when I first started 4 years ago. I want to eventually get the rivers out of my bag I think, so I can just go with an all teebird fairway. I have a pre-flight # star that has been beating in to be a nice slow turn over when thrown flat. I also have a 12x champ that's more os, pretty straight for most of the flight with nice fade at the end. I want to get 2 more teebirds to cover all my lines. My question is, what would you recommend I pick up? Brinster? AJ? Another 12x? Echo? Etc. I'm considering the Brinster first mainly for the plastic, but not sure if the $5 extra is worth it or if I should just get another 12x. And I want something I can just jump online and pick up from DD or DGC.

So I have recently (this last season) gone back to teebirds after giving up on them temporarily when I first started 4 years ago. I want to eventually get the rivers out of my bag I think, so I can just go with an all teebird fairway. I have a pre-flight # star that has been beating in to be a nice slow turn over when thrown flat. I also have a 12x champ that's more os, pretty straight for most of the flight with nice fade at the end. I want to get 2 more teebirds to cover all my lines. My question is, what would you recommend I pick up? Brinster? AJ? Another 12x? Echo? Etc. I'm considering the Brinster first mainly for the plastic, but not sure if the $5 extra is worth it or if I should just get another 12x. And I want something I can just jump online and pick up from DD or DGC.

If you can get your hands on one of the flat and super stiff metal flake teebirds, they are money and a half.

I have 3 AJ Birds and they are absolute money. They start off slightly overstable, and beat in to that perfect teebird stability.

Can we expect star Teebirds to be the same as the AJs in stability now? It seems we are nearing another revered time in teebird history. JL plastic is producing some great birds. Hopefully this continues for a while.

Can we expect star Teebirds to be the same as the AJs in stability now? It seems we are nearing another revered time in teebird history. JL plastic is producing some great birds. Hopefully this continues for a while.

That would be nice, as most newer Star (two colored stamp) 'birds have been pretty domey.
I'm also waiting on the DX blends to stiffen back up, for both Rocs and TB's.

The most recent DX rocs that I got (Reptilian Custom Stamped) are pretty good actually. Fairly stiff, mild dome and seemingly (could be crazy) a little less slant to the rim than I can recall. Also start out nicely OS. Really pleased with them. I hope they keep improving their processes to keep up with the other manufacturers bc innova is seemingly getting some things in order again.

I have 3 AJ Birds and they are absolute money. They start off slightly overstable, and beat in to that perfect teebird stability.

That's good to hear...That's what I was hoping my pre-flight would be, but it turns a bit more than I expected. Maybe I'll get an AJ and Brinster...then it will be Brinster, 12x, AJ, and pre-flight in order if stability.

You might want to make room for a couple DX, if you wanna cover all your lines. I pair mine with Pro and DX Leopards for turnovers. It's going to take you a long, long time to get a premium TB to turn over like those do (or like a seasoned GL River does).

And I'll second that the flat, firm 2013 stamped metal flakes are about as o/s as Teebirds can get.

That's good to hear...That's what I was hoping my pre-flight would be, but it turns a bit more than I expected. Maybe I'll get an AJ and Brinster...then it will be Brinster, 12x, AJ, and pre-flight in order if stability.

Hate to break it to you, but you might have to dig a little to find an AJ now. They aren't on the factory store site at the moment. I got two X-outs before even those were gone. Hopefully they have a new run soon, but at least I got two backups when I could.

While they're maybe not quite as beef as the Brinster, the current JL 12x are almost as beefy without the higher price tag. You'd likely be better off just using a newer 12x so you don't fear losing the Brinster. That would at least be my logic. The new 12x for me at least, are a perfect Step to my firebird stability.