• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Nothing flies like a good 11x CAL, IMO. The CA molds are a bit domier and closer to current runs. It's damn near impossible to find a truely flat TB in primo plastic these days.

11x CALs and KC Pros are where it's at...but the JL 'birds sound promising. I have seen some glow champs that were pretty flat, but stiff as a board. Not the tacky and gummy goodness of 11x...

I know people have been saying try a Rival, but I can tell you that in my experience the Sparkle Rivals fly very close to 11x CALs. The plastic isn't as gummy or magical, but if the flight is what you want then go with the Rival. Personally, I got over the magical-ness of the old Innova plastic and moved on to save my wallet and sanity (from constantly thinking I would never be able to replace it). Just my two cents.

I picked up a FR Pinnacle Rival and I didn't like it much at all. Had heard they were 11x CAL clones and was highly disappointed. The rim was substantially deeper than a TB so it didn't feel the same at all in the hand. And as far as flight goes I found it to have quite a bit more HS turn than a straight and true TB. More Eagle X than TB, IMO. Maybe it was just the one I had, but I sold it off quick and bought another 11x CAL, lol.

My 174g star teebird has officially beat into the stability of a river, and of course still looks good. I foresee a 4 teebird fairway lineup in my near future :)

My 174g star teebird has officially beat into the stability of a river, and of course still looks good. I foresee a 4 teebird fairway lineup in my near future :)
Thats what I do and really like it. Its usually 5 Teebirds, but in the winter I have a old 2000 ice bowl JLS I use in the place of the 5th Teebird which is an SE. I'd rather break the JLS than the Teebird.

Which Birds would you recommend I start with to get a decent cycle going? JL? Brinsters? Star?

I would start with a DX, Star, and Champ (Brinster would be fine) and use the Star as much as possible to beat some of the fade out of it. You really can't go wrong with any TeeBird.

I have been using my buddies dx t-bird for a while that is what resparked my interest haha. I have been a long time avoid-er of all things innova but I have been liking the bird so much that I am thinking about giving it a try full time.

Innova certainly has its issues, but the Teebird is just one of those discs that even if you get a really beefy one or a really flippy one it still has a use. I don't think Iv'e ever thrown a Teebird I didn't like or didn't have a slot in my bag for.

Im about to throw my first one today. got it from BP. its an older 12x. we will see if it stays in the bag.

Anybody else have some extensive work with an AJ Teebird? I'm looking for it to cover the stable/straight slot. I have a start teebird that had broken in to river stability, and a 12x that is slightly OS. I'm getting a Brinster for the OS and am thinking AJ for in between the 12x and Star...

Anybody else have some extensive work with an AJ Teebird? I'm looking for it to cover the stable/straight slot. I have a start teebird that had broken in to river stability, and a 12x that is slightly OS. I'm getting a Brinster for the OS and am thinking AJ for in between the 12x and Star...

DX should handle that role until you break a Star into that role.

mine fits that role for me. 170 I think.

I have a Brinster for OS and an old pro for flips. The AJ and an older s-tb are my straightest flyers. My only complaints with the AJ are the terrible colors and poor grip in the cold.

Latest posts